Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On glass recycling bins and children's playgrounds in Germany there are notices saying: "Please be considerate of your fellow citizens and only use these facilities between 0900-1200 and 1400-2000" or similar.

Which is fine as far as it goes: people need a bit of peace and quiet. So why can't we have the same signs on Autobahns and major roads when they go thorough residential areas?

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
On the rare occasion that I order pie and chips from a chippy and they plonk the pie upside down on top!!

That really peeves me..
Pies should be the right way up.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
These hideous things! To me they are on a par with cargo pants/shorts. :ohmy::thumbsdown:

1613221736090.png

Even worse when worn in warm weather.🧐 :stop:

GOOD!!:thumbsup:
1613222412211.png

BAD!!:thumbsdown:
1613222516215.png

Last edited:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The fact that I can't find an affordable microwave oven that suits my needs.

All i want is a door that's hinged on the right rather than the left, or one with a door opens 180 degrees :angry:

figbat

Slippery scientist
Acronyms hate the bloody things.

Even worse is the mis-use of “acronym”...

You mean, 'HTBT', don't you? Come on, get with it, man. I mean 'GWIM'!

...case in point. An acronym is an abbreviation or initials that form a pronounceable word; NASA, lol, PIN, VIN etc. Ironically the initials “TLA”, often used to stand for “three letter acronym”, is not an acronym.

Some acronyms become so popular as to become words in their own right - radar and laser for example.

Top Bottom