Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
People who advertise things like trikes for sale and say buyer to collect without giving their location. I have no wish to waste my and their time making enquiries only to find they live 500 miles away so not practical.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Misappropriation / misunderstanding of food terms by supermarkets. (Although I suspect it's done on purpose so as not to confuse numbskulls who can only handle 3 foreign food names at once). Examples:

"Katsu" means meat that's breaded in panko and fried crispy. Often served with a curry sauce.
Supermarkets seem to want people to think it means "Japanese curry sauce", and are now selling "katsu curry" ready meals that have no fried breaded meat in it, and sometimes no meat at all. Vegetable katsu curry made with boiled sweet potato? That's not bloody katsu then is it!

"Kiev" is chicken with garlic butter, usually breaded now, with the butter inside.
Supermarkets seem to think it means "any breaded chicken with something inside" so sell "ham and cheese kievs". That's not Kiev you doughnuts, that's chicken cordon bleu!

and when you read the label on Katsu it isn't
made of cats at all. It's a swizz

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Flies hanging around in country lanes as I come round the corner mouth open. Can’t they hang out somewhere else?

mustang1

Legendary Member
Soft keyboards (on phones and tablets).
I really like the functionality these multi-use devices give, but the keyboard and the spell checker... It rihtg psises meo ff.

But unlike single use devices, you cannot beat a proper keyboard for being... a keyboard. An SLR camera for being just that. A torch.. etc etc. But for the sheer convenience, I put up with the less-than-stellar functionality of the multi-use device. It's just about good enough that I do not want to carry a bunch of other items, but each function is annoying enough for me to comment here.

Every time I ring my bell the person seems to have earphones on and can't hear me anyway.
On which point
What about people who seemingly have NO IDEA that you are there when you have approached from behind
slowed down a bit and rung your bell at reasonable distance
which in my case is quite loud - not aggressive but loud
and then you slow down some more

Still no reaction

so stop and say "excuse me"

so the turn and say 'sorry - didn't know you were there'

what - no earphone or anything just couldn't be bothered to take any notice of other path users until on being rude was left to them

In some cases this has happened with a group of (e.g. 5 yesterday) when one person carried on up the middle of the path even after 2 bell rings and the other 4 calling him
His wife grabbed his arm and yanked him - while apologising

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
On which point
What about people who seemingly have NO IDEA that you are there when you have approached from behind
slowed down a bit and rung your bell at reasonable distance
which in my case is quite loud - not aggressive but loud
and then you slow down some more

Still no reaction

so stop and say "excuse me"

so the turn and say 'sorry - didn't know you were there'

what - no earphone or anything just couldn't be bothered to take any notice of other path users until on being rude was left to them

In some cases this has happened with a group of (e.g. 5 yesterday) when one person carried on up the middle of the path even after 2 bell rings and the other 4 calling him
His wife grabbed his arm and yanked him - while apologising
You don't seem to have considered that the person in question might have severe hearing problems! :whistle:

Top Bottom