Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
'Our Yorkshire Farm star Amanda Owen admits she hasn't left the UK in 20 years',says this newspaper.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/yorkshire-farm-star-amanda-owens-24197942

'Admits'!! Is not leaving the UK a crime now?🤔 Out of my 22,111 days on this planet (as i post) i've probably spent around 150 of them outside the UK. The word admits is used far far too often these days!!

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
'Our Yorkshire Farm star Amanda Owen admits she hasn't left the UK in 20 years',says this newspaper.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/yorkshire-farm-star-amanda-owens-24197942

'Admits'!! Is not leaving the UK a crime now?🤔 Out of my 22,111 days on this planet (as i post) i've probably spent around 150 of them outside the UK. The word admits is used far far too often these days!!
Its too cool to run down our country though...

I have been to many places. Egypt was a very interesting place, but not a beautiful place. The tourist'y' places are artificial and the areas they'd "prefer" you didn't visit are drab, dirty and a bit dodgy. Seeing a bunch of blokes on the back of a Toyota pickup armed with AK's down the backstreet just outside Cairo i passed certainly had that vibe to it...
Truth be told, i've never been in a rush to go abroad, i'll go to an interesting place for sure and i'll make the most of it, but i do enjoy holidaying in the UK. There is such fantastic scenery and places to visit here, i haven't seen everything i want to yet...

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Seeing a bunch of blokes on the back of a Toyota pickup armed with AK's down the backstreet just outside Cairo i passed certainly had that vibe to it...
Listening to someone on the radio the other day,she said she couldn't wait to go back to (can't remember where it was) for 'some sun'. She said the country is pretty much a lawless place,but she feels safe in the hotel's compound as they have guards with machine guns!:ohmy: All that for a bit of sun!! :rolleyes: Imagine,there you are sunbathing,then the unstable guard decides to 'have some fun'!:ohmy:

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
People who are not oriental who can use chopsticks..
Most annoying. Whenever I've tried, I can't coordinate the fingers & thumb holding them.
I can use them,but i haven't done for many years. I even taught myself to use them left hand. How sad is that!:rolleyes: I found the picking up the rice bit trivially annoying. With a fork or even better a spoon,you can get a good mouthful,but chopsticks only pick up a few grains.🧐

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
On about food,how annoying is spaghetti! I haven't boiled up a pan of the stuff for years. My spaghetti intake now comes from ready meals. I hate it when the stuff whiplashes tomato sauce all over you! I cut the long strands into short pieces. When i boiled it i broke the dried strands into short pieces before boiling. It tastes the same and you don't get the sauce flicked all over your shirt.

Last edited:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
On about food,how annoying is spaghetti! I haven't boiled up a pan of the stuff for years. My spaghetti intake now comes from ready meals. I hate it when the stuff whiplashes tomato sauce all over you! I cut the long strands into short pieces. When i boiled it i broke the dried strands into short pieces before boiling. It tastes the same and you don't get the sauce flicked all over your shirt.
Im with you on spaghetti. I like a bolognese, but no matter how hard i try it ends up on my shirt!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Im with you on spaghetti. I like a bolognese, but no matter how hard i try it ends up on my shirt!
Don't ever wear a white,cream or any light coloured shirt when you intend to order spaghetti in a 'eatery' (god i hate that word!)🧐 ! I find it's best to wear dark paisley patterned shirts as they can hide the splatterings!🧐
Me and the former Mrs Accy went to an Italian restaurant on one of our first dates. I asked the waiter if he could ask the chef to break or cut the strands of spaghetti, when i ordered a meal that had the stuff in. He looked at me like i was a peasant! He did however carry out my request and when my meal arrived the spaghetti had been cut into shorter pieces. When he came back to our table he asked if we wanted some more bread. "Yes please" i replied. He arrived with what looked like half a loaf of Warburtons!:ohmy: I think he was trying to make a point!! 🤔

Needless to say we left without leaving a tip!🧐

Edit...Just remembered. I did leave a tip to kind of impress Mrs Accy,but when she went to powder her nose as we were leaving i nipped back and re-pocketed the tip! :whistle: :okay:

Second edit...I've just remembered that i did leave a tip after all. It was a 2 pence piece, to show how a real peasant should act! ;)

Last edited:
People who are not oriental who can use chopsticks..
Most annoying. Whenever I've tried, I can't coordinate the fingers & thumb holding them.

When married to someone from Japan it's a matter of survival, so I learned pretty fast. I remember in one restaurant in Tokyo they were so surprised to see a foreigner eating with chopsticks they called the entire staff out to watch...

With practice, nesting it in a spoon works well.

That said, I've often wondered at tle logic of making a food so long that diners have to mess about nesting it in a spoon before eating...

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Heinz has solved your problem, Accy!! 👍🏼

Top Bottom