Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It makes sense to me, you wouldn't want that stench wafting around your own house, and it saves a few bob on toilet roll. :okay:
When i had my window cleaning round i used to use the local health centre toilets for such things. 'My office' i referred to it as.:rolleyes: I heard the other day that those toilets have been closed for months now due to lockdown restictions. I wonder how i'd have coped if i'd have had to work without a bogs on hand?🤔

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
my wife has not commented
Wives who cannot think of the correct uplifting comment.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
When i had my window cleaning round i used to use the local health centre toilets for such things. 'My office' i referred to it as.:rolleyes: I heard the other day that those toilets have been closed for months now due to lockdown restictions. I wonder how i'd have coped if i'd have had to work without a bogs on hand?🤔
Well, you already had a bucket!

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Leaving microwaves with time left on the timer and not resetting it before the next person / especially work microwaves and leaving the door open and not resetting it... Not that I would use the work microwave as its probably got that Coronavirus...

It annoys me when a person in a shopping aisle stands far back to look at items on the shelves. Should i do what i consider to be bad manners and pass in front of them,or try and squeeze past them from the rear? 🤔
You could just lend them your glasses ;) or even say 'excuse me'

Dag Hammar

This irritates me. I gave a donation to a very large national charity and ticked the box that I did not wish to receive any further communications from them. I know where they are and I can donate again if and when I choose to do so.
Then they proceed to waste money and resources on mailing me every couple of months.

People who pass me on a road when I am doing a reasonable speed then struggle like mad to stay ahead and fail - slightly.
Thus forcing me to decide to either
a) slow down to let them get a decent distance ahead then maintain their slower pace
or
b) maintain my normal speed and hence re-pass them - thus making me the overtaker now - hence I need to extend the distance by going at a higher speed than I wanted

Honestly - I was just out for a gentle ride in the country - if you can't go faster than me then don't pass me!!!

And - just to be clear - if someone ahead of me is going slightly slower than me then I generally slow down and stay a good distance behind them. If necessary I will drop the ebike assistance level - which normally means switching it off nowadays!

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Misappropriation / misunderstanding of food terms by supermarkets. (Although I suspect it's done on purpose so as not to confuse numbskulls who can only handle 3 foreign food names at once). Examples:

"Katsu" means meat that's breaded in panko and fried crispy. Often served with a curry sauce.
Supermarkets seem to want people to think it means "Japanese curry sauce", and are now selling "katsu curry" ready meals that have no fried breaded meat in it, and sometimes no meat at all. Vegetable katsu curry made with boiled sweet potato? That's not bloody katsu then is it!

"Kiev" is chicken with garlic butter, usually breaded now, with the butter inside.
Supermarkets seem to think it means "any breaded chicken with something inside" so sell "ham and cheese kievs". That's not Kiev you doughnuts, that's chicken cordon bleu!

Top Bottom