Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I don't like talking about these things in public,but i have to get it off my chest. Plebs who use supermarket toilets to have a number 2 annoy me. Nearly every time i enter the toilets of the local Morrisons i'm met with a vile stench!🧐 Why the feck can't they do what they have to do at home and not where delicate/sensitive people like me have to inhale their fecking stench!!🧐

Edit...I forgot to mention. Not only had the slob stunk the bogs out but it'd also pissed on the floor!!🧐
Everybody does not have reliable bowels with a built in timer.

gbb

Legendary Member
Just remembered one today as I got the lawnmower out.
My wife wraps the cable round and round the handle...and you consequently have to stand there unveiling it when you go to use it.
I just loop the cable between my hand and elbow, then slip it in the grass box....it unravels and is accessible in seconds, literally seconds.

A former colleague used yo do the same with an angle grinder, he would figure 8 wrap the cable round the body of the grinder...so it takes a minute to unravel it all.
I just wrap the cable round the body of the grinder...and it falls away as you go to use it.
Again, seconds to prepare instead of a minute unwrapping it all.

It annoys me more than it should, it just goes to show, even when you're shown a quick easy was to do something, some people will stubbornly do what they always did.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Those "chicken & bacon" (or similar) pasta bowls from supermarkets that contain a couple of small slices of chicken, some bacon flakes and a large amount of sweetcorn pieces & tomato chunks as cheap filler.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Weymouth last week...
View attachment 588311

View attachment 588312

Verily, "The large print giveth and the small print taketh away." - Tom Waits
Per person.... Mister Fiddler approves of this business practice.
20190311_130947.jpg

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I don't like talking about these things in public,but i have to get it off my chest. Plebs who use supermarket toilets to have a number 2 annoy me. Nearly every time i enter the toilets of the local Morrisons i'm met with a vile stench!🧐 Why the feck can't they do what they have to do at home and not where delicate/sensitive people like me have to inhale their fecking stench!!🧐

Edit...I forgot to mention. Not only had the slob stunk the bogs out but it'd also pissed on the floor!!🧐
The only times I have ever considered using a public toilet for a number 2 is when I have been absolutely desperate. No one goes in there for a run of the mill daily ablution.
So by their very nature they will receive a bigger share of explosive toilet action.

It makes sense to me, you wouldn't want that stench wafting around your own house, and it saves a few bob on toilet roll. :okay:

Just remembered one today as I got the lawnmower out.
My wife wraps the cable round and round the handle...and you consequently have to stand there unveiling it when you go to use it.
I just loop the cable between my hand and elbow, then slip it in the grass box....it unravels and is accessible in seconds, literally seconds.

A former colleague used yo do the same with an angle grinder, he would figure 8 wrap the cable round the body of the grinder...so it takes a minute to unravel it all.
I just wrap the cable round the body of the grinder...and it falls away as you go to use it.
Again, seconds to prepare instead of a minute unwrapping it all.

It annoys me more than it should, it just goes to show, even when you're shown a quick easy was to do something, some people will stubbornly do what they always did.
My lawnmower cable is fine in summer
In colder weather the cable it that little bit less pliable and hence will not unbend properly if coiled up around an arm.
Hence I wrap it around the handle - thne unwrao it by putting the mower in the middle of the lawn and swinging the cable in a circle to unwind it

I think the neighbours think I am a looney
my wife has not commented

Top Bottom