Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Misappropriation / misunderstanding of food terms by supermarkets. (Although I suspect it's done on purpose so as not to confuse numbskulls who can only handle 3 foreign food names at once). Examples:

"Katsu" means meat that's breaded in panko and fried crispy. Often served with a curry sauce.
Supermarkets seem to want people to think it means "Japanese curry sauce", and are now selling "katsu curry" ready meals that have no fried breaded meat in it, and sometimes no meat at all. Vegetable katsu curry made with boiled sweet potato? That's not bloody katsu then is it!

"Kiev" is chicken with garlic butter, usually breaded now, with the butter inside.
Supermarkets seem to think it means "any breaded chicken with something inside" so sell "ham and cheese kievs". That's not Kiev you doughnuts, that's chicken cordon bleu!
You’re going to explode when you see these on the supermarket shelf then.
E611232A-E251-43C5-966C-7C97A6C5465D.jpeg

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
My lawnmower cable is fine in summer
In colder weather the cable it that little bit less pliable and hence will not unbend properly if coiled up around an arm.
Hence I wrap it around the handle - thne unwrao it by putting the mower in the middle of the lawn and swinging the cable in a circle to unwind it

I think the neighbours think I am a looney
my wife has not commented
Wrap in a figure of eight: that way there will be a little less memory left in the wrap, and your coil will uncoil easier, saving you much arm flailing

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Misappropriation / misunderstanding of food terms by supermarkets. (Although I suspect it's done on purpose so as not to confuse numbskulls who can only handle 3 foreign food names at once). Examples:

"Katsu" means meat that's breaded in panko and fried crispy. Often served with a curry sauce.
Supermarkets seem to want people to think it means "Japanese curry sauce", and are now selling "katsu curry" ready meals that have no fried breaded meat in it, and sometimes no meat at all. Vegetable katsu curry made with boiled sweet potato? That's not bloody katsu then is it!

"Kiev" is chicken with garlic butter, usually breaded now, with the butter inside.
Supermarkets seem to think it means "any breaded chicken with something inside" so sell "ham and cheese kievs". That's not Kiev you doughnuts, that's chicken cordon bleu!
They're not doughnuts, they're supermarket marketing workers. Be careful. You live by the sword etc...:rolleyes:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
McDonald’s drive through not serving you on bike late at night because “safety”. Yeah sat in a 4 mph queue is really dangerous.
I suspect that's another bugbear of mine, "pinning any unpopular policy on "safety" when it's nothing of the sort.
I believe it's more likely that a cycle can potentially disrupt the queue ordering system, that'll be the real issue. No safety reason whatsoever why a bike couldn't go through the drive through.

Oh and while we're on the subject McDonald's, it's drive through, not drive thru. You illiterate rascals. That one even winds my daughter up, and she's ten.

I suspect that's another bugbear of mine, "pinning any unpopular policy on "safety" when it's nothing of the sort.
I believe it's more likely that a cycle can potentially disrupt the queue ordering system, that'll be the real issue. No safety reason whatsoever why a bike couldn't go through the drive through.

Oh and while we're on the subject McDonald's, it's drive through, not drive thru. You illiterate rascals. That one even winds my daughter up, and she's ten.

Possibly it's that the insurance company would make life difficult if a cyclist did get injured.

My rant on the mundane thread brought me no satisfaction as I did not vent enough spleen, I remembered this was a far more suitable place.
What is it with people, neighbours, friends, family who loan things off you but somehow forget to hand you back said item after hauling themselves out of extra expenses or time spent?
I'm still adrift of a 70mm socket and when I visit Britain I will be knocking on a door. There's a list but I'm venting spleen not issuing demands for the return of various property as I'm pretty certain none of you have any of my gear.

My rant on the mundane thread brought me no satisfaction as I did not vent enough spleen, I remembered this was a far more suitable place.
What is it with people, neighbours, friends, family who loan things off you but somehow forget to hand you back said item after hauling themselves out of extra expenses or time spent?
I'm still adrift of a 70mm socket and when I visit Britain I will be knocking on a door. There's a list but I'm venting spleen not issuing demands for the return of various property as I'm pretty certain none of you have any of my gear.
70mm socket, how the hell could they forget that!

Chromatic

Legendary Member

This pisses me off too.
Off the top of my head and without thinking too much about it it, I'm still knobbed off yearslater about never seeing again:
My copy of Rubycon by Tangerine Dream (borrowed by someone at school and and never returned)
All my fishing kit ( borrowed by my sisters then boyfriend, (a scouser; I should have known) and never returned)
My cassette recorder (the same boyfriend)
My ladder roof hook
My scale rule

It's sure there are other things too.

This pisses me off too.
Off the top of my head and without thinking too much about it it, I'm still knobbed off yearslater about never seeing again:
My copy of Rubycon by Tangerine Dream (borrowed by someone at school and and never returned)
All my fishing kit ( borrowed by my sisters then boyfriend, (a scouser; I should have known) and never returned)
My cassette recorder (the same boyfriend)
My ladder roof hook
My scale rule

It's sure there are other things too.
Your reply far from assuaging any ill feelings towards transgressors the latest of which caused me to froth bile at some small sleight has merely fuelled my annoyance.
That you have a list in your head illustrates my own gripe.
You caused me to remind that another person has or no longer had a blue vinyl of Live at the Electric Circus. It's probably only worth a tenner and I'm too lazy to bother selling stuff but that's not the point.

Top Bottom