Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
People who let their dogs bark,when calling radio phone ins annoy me. I'm just listening to one caller who's having to raise his voice to compete with his barking dog. Why didn't he put the dog in another room,or maybe he has done but didn't close the door.🤔
As done brilliantly by Paul Whitehouse:
"SHUT IT, GHOSTFACE!"
(NSFW language)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fi0V-oCwvY

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
As done brilliantly by Paul Whitehouse:
"SHUT IT, GHOSTFACE!"
(NSFW language)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fi0V-oCwvY

I need to go for a lie down to recover after watching that! :laugh:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I have several rack packs or whatever the current term for a saddlebag is. They lie along the rack and not across but always have a pronounced lean to the left. I would like them to be nice and straight but it annoys me that I cannot achieve this without strapping them down with elastic straps but even that does not last.😠

oldwheels

Legendary Member
People who let their dogs bark,when calling radio phone ins annoy me. I'm just listening to one caller who's having to raise his voice to compete with his barking dog. Why didn't he put the dog in another room,or maybe he has done but didn't close the door.🤔
There was a phase at one time of people cold calling to try to sell you something. Often it was a woman with children crying in the background. The children were in fact a recording being played and was designed to elicit sympathy for some allegedly poor woman working from home to make ends meet.

There was a phase at one time of people cold calling to try to sell you something. Often it was a woman with children crying in the background. The children were in fact a recording being played and was designed to elicit sympathy for some allegedly poor woman working from home to make ends meet.

One of the great things about living here is that cold calling is illegal, so anyone who calls from "microsoft" (usually speaking English) gets a list of reasons why they can't possibly be who they say they are.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
People who wear non matching white sports socks annoy me. Not only those who wear such as Adidas on one foot and Puma on the other,but also those who wear the manufacturer's logo on the inside of the foot,not the outside where it's supposed to be. And (Yes i know we shouldn't start a sentence with 'And'🧐 but...) don't get me started on those who wear white sports socks with non sporting attire!🧐

Last edited:

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
I don't think this has been posted before, but 'phone videos from public contributors seen supporting a television news story shot in portrait, 99 times out of 100. So the VT news editor then has to fill the blank screen space with a blurry infill from the same video.
Really annoying. You can turn the 'phone on its side and it'll still shoot.

D

Deleted member 26715

We have a rack with 5 knives, apparently they are a bread knife, chef knife, slicing knife, utility knife and paring knife, all I know is I like the bread knife at the right hand side of the biggest knife, my wife insists on putting it on the left :laugh:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
The entirely superfluous use of the word "off" by cooks and chefs. Seems to be their buzzword at the moment.

The Saturday Kitchen chef last week: "I'm just going to pop the fish in the oven now, to cook off".
No, you're going to pop the fish in the oven to cook.

Hairy Bikers last night: "Just fry the onions off in some olive oil".
No, you're just frying them. No need to add "off".

No idea where this has come from but it sets my bleedin' teeth right on edge!
It's spreading!

1620725002552.png

:eek: :stop:

Top Bottom