Trivial things that please you beyond all expectations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cars with lowered suspensions scraping their exhausts on speed bumps.

In this vein:

Being ovetaken by several cars ignoring a "road closed" sign, drivers watching their navigator, and passing them five seconds later when they realise the road has a massive hole right across it, and all try to turn around at once...

Watching a string of cars driving down a car-free road disappear around the corner, and knowing that there's a police van and two squad cars parked just out of sight...

Chief Broom

Veteran
Walking along Brora beach I stop and chat to this old lady and throw the ball for her 3 collies, Now when im on my walk the collies recognise me and come tearing up the beach to say hello! makes my day! ^_^

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Phone zombies stumbling over a kerb, or better still, walking into a lamppost.

I did this one time walking to primary school.

Pre mobile phone days,
but so enamoured was I of my new shiny new shoes, that I walked headlong into a lamp post and knocked myself out.

Woke up, laid out flat on the pavement .

No grave harm done, save to my eight year olds sense of dignity :sad:

Haddock and chips with a bread cake,Seniors Fish and Chip restaurant Poulton me Fylde,then latte and coffee renoir at Barton Grange garden centre.This is what we do when we have been over to clean the house and garden for Mrs P's aged parents.
Seniors as good as some say then?
Don't they have other places nearby?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I wouldn't say a pleased,more an intrigued beyond all expectation moment. I'm listening to a radio phone in . The presenter in reference to the cricket commentator Brian Johnson said "he lived between here (England) and the USA". Does that mean he lived in the Atlantic Ocean? 🤔

Last edited:
Beautiful Daughter (6) has discovered a keyboard at a friends house, and today she demonstrated that she's learned to play "Ode to Joy" on it.

That makes me happy in itself, but also the thought as she played it, that she has ancestral heritage we can trace back to pre-modern Japan, and now she has that and European heritage all mixed together...

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I put a large going soft,sprouting roots potato on the busy road outside my flat last night to see how long it'd last before being spattered. I then watched the vehicles pass from my window, wondering how long it would survive. It 'dodged' 7 vehicles before being clipped by a car and sent spinning into the direct path of an Audi 4x4. :rolleyes:

purpan

I put a large going soft,sprouting roots potato on the busy road outside my flat last night to see how long it'd last before being spattered. I then watched the vehicles pass from my window, wondering how long it would survive. It 'dodged' 7 vehicles before being clipped by a car and sent spinning into the direct path of an Audi 4x4. :rolleyes:
« None of that modern telly nonsense. We made our own entertainment in them days… »

Top Bottom