Trivial things that please you beyond all expectations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Getting one of those big pretzels in the mini-Tesco near work, a can of Chocomel, pouring the latter into a mug for pretzel-dunking.

gbb

Legendary Member
Taking the grandkids to the beach.
They werent particually dressed for paddling but they had dry clothes in the car.
The advice flowed....
Dont get too wet
Dont go out too far.
Watch that wave, youre gonna get wet.
Hahaha, now youre wet.
Kiddos, youre getting too wet.
Oh bogger it (in my head) theyre wet, not going to make any difference now...:laugh:

Kids having fun, cant beat it.

I thought I'd be working on my own:

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Using basic skills and social media posts to come up with a photo of Accy's house...

@Accy cyclist has a pretty amazing house

Strange-House-002.jpg

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
I put a large going soft,sprouting roots potato on the busy road outside my flat last night to see how long it'd last before being spattered. I then watched the vehicles pass from my window, wondering how long it would survive. It 'dodged' 7 vehicles before being clipped by a car and sent spinning into the direct path of an Audi 4x4. :rolleyes:
We used to do similar as young kids at the Motspur Park level crossing. All sorts went on the rails, from rotten fruit, to water filled balloons, to pennies. Proper science, it was.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
There is a paragraph in Franz Kafka's 'The Aeroplanes in Brescia' where he describes a woman in the crowd of spectators.
The first time I read it, I was utterly stunned at the beauty of the passage and had to reread it several times.

Last edited:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
There is a paragraph in Franz Kafka's 'The Aeroplanes in Brescia' where he describes a woman in the crowd of spectators.
The first time I read it, I was utterly stunned at the beauty of the passage and had to reread it several times.

Not included in the collected stories I have- just ordered a Penguin edition that does have it.

Top Bottom