Trivial things that please you beyond all expectations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've been out all day at a vintage fair in Scarborough selling stuff from the shop i work in. We made way over a grand selling vintage/retro clothing. Then to cap it all i've just vacuumed my flat from top to bottom!:becool:
You are better off vacuuming it from left to right and front to back

you make better contact with the carpet that way^_^

Drago

Legendary Member
The heater in my waterbed. Im laying in bed as I type this and I think the pleasure of laying jere is about the most blissful experience ive had in years.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Not annoying, more a question. I have some 4 days out of date cooked salmon in my fridge. It's in a plastic wrapper and hasn't been opened, so no air's got to it. Will it be ok for me to eat? If not will it be ok for cats to eat? 🤔 If it's only the latter i'm going to put it on a wall across the road tonight for any stray or otherwise cats that want a nibble.

Dolorous Edd

Sorry, have not read the whole thread, but -

Every time I don't really feel like going out for a bike ride, and then I force myself to do so.

That ends up pleasing me beyond expectation

You would think I would have learned, but ...

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It's that time of the month when I bin my month long lasting contact lens. Once in a month I can just flick it away instead of cleaning it with solution, then carefully placing it in its case, hoping not to lose it during the procedure.

Last edited:

Tribansman

Veteran
The ridiculous satisfaction of skimming a flat stone twenty five yards out into a glassy Cornish creek.
A single, huge skim, or achieved via multiple skims? The latter obviously way more impressive. I tend more towards the former as my skimming tends to be on the east coast, which is virtually never glassy!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It's that time of the month when I bin my month long lasting contact lens. Once in a month I can just flick it away instead of cleaning it with solution, then carefully placing it in its case, hoping not to lose it during the procedure.
Even more trivial pleasure! I thought I had 2 lenses left, but no it's three!!:dance:

1638278199538.png

:rolleyes:

figbat

Slippery scientist
One that I have come to relish over lockdowns and working from home - taking precisely the right amount of butter on your knife to spread on the slices of bread for making a sandwich. Not too much that you have to put some back and not too little that you have to go back for more but just the right amount to butter each slice with a decent layer, right to the edges. It's what the phrase "nailed it" was invented for.

Top Bottom