Trivial things that please you beyond all expectations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
About six, maybe eight weeks ago, i made one of those online impulse buys for something overpriced and completely useless (AKA 'art')... and promptly forgot all about it.

Today I got an email saying your order's on its way... and promptly thought scam... but on closer inspection, it's the 'art' I'd forgot I'd purchased.

Don't you just love getting things you'd forgotten you'd paid for!

I pre-ordered two CDs a few months ago from separate places, and they've just been sent out. I was surprised when they arrived as I forgot I'd ordered them. I was even more surprised when a second copy of each CD a couple of days after the first as I'd forgotten I'd pre-ordered them and placed a second order for the same thing...

:banghead:

I'd forgotten I'd pre-ordered them and placed a second order for the same thing...
Been there...
:biggrin:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I don't have a toaster or a grill. I bought some crumpets yesterday thinking I'll experiment with my toasted sandwich maker. As long as you don't press the top down, instead just place it gently on top of the crumpets they turn out ok.:okay:

mustang1

Guru
A light switch. Press to switch on light. Press to switch off light. Has been working this way for many years. Very, very pleasing.

It has no IP address. It is not wifi-enabled. It is not "smart". It requires no software updates or bug fixes. It worked the day I bought it with no "new features coming soon with firmware updates". None of the press it, press it again, press it harder before the light comes on. Just the same gentle forced of a simple press makes the light come on. Does not require new features where the company that makes the switch has to add new features to sell more products to please the share holders. There are no youtube influencers telling me the features of a light switch, no unboxing videos (well, there might be unboxing videos, there is a lot of crap out there). None of that "alex, turn on the lights.... alex, ALEX, wth" or "integrated with the smart home that detects you are 100 metres away and approaching home so it switches on the lights for you before you even arrive for that warm glowing feeliing in a colour that suits your mood based on your heart rate that your wrist HRM has detected."

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
The sound of accomplishment and purpose when I hear some grit, or summat noisy, going up the pipe when I'm vacuuming the carpets.

(Unless I've recently lost a small screw or bolt, that is!)

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Riding in poor weather I sometimes get the giggles at the absurdity of it. Such pleasures.

Last edited:

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
Seeing the shadow of me and my bike on the road surface as I cycle along.

For a start it means the sun is shining, which is always a bonus, but it also looks good! Especially when the sun is directly behind and the shadow in front is exactly symmetrical. I'm always amazed that I'm on a stretch of road, at exactly the moment in time, when its alignment matches the sun's azimuth.

Last edited:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Seeing the shadow of me and my bike on the road surface as I cycle along.

For a start it means the sun is shining, which is always a bonus, but it also looks good! Especially when the sun is directly behind and the shadow in front is exactly symmetrical. I'm always amazed that I'm on a stretch of road, at exactly the moment in time, when its alignment matches the sun's azimuth.
:okay:

I like a long shadow...
1641415045294.png

Top Bottom