Trivial things that please you beyond all expectations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Large new cars with headlights designed to make the front look like an animal face. Cat? Also the new fad for a thin narrow light running the full width of the bonnet and boot between the headlights and tailights.

You have to be a very special d1ckhead to design it but just an ordinary d1ckhead to buy a car like that.

Winds me up beyond all reason and rational thought. :cursing::cursing::cursing:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I went for a hospital appointment today. I went in hospital transport and came back in a minibus/taxi. Both drivers had their radios on, but on different stations. The funny, but quite pleasing thing is that on the way there this was on the radio...

Then on the way back this was on the radio! :music:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I went for a hospital appointment today. I went in hospital transport and came back in a minibus/taxi. Both drivers had their radios on, but on different stations. The funny, but quite pleasing thing is that on the way there this was on the radio...

Then on the way back this was on the radio! :music:

Some memories are so fleeting; I'd totally forgotten how sh*% that DJ Sammy version was.

Chief Broom

Veteran
Junior Bake Off! Ive never seen such well behaved kids and have such great attitudes :okay: They celebrate with who evers won, commiserate with the losers and help each other out. If cooking turns out such well adjusted kids then it should be a major part of a school curriculum :okay:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
after my post in the 'trivial things that annoy' thread, i found this beneath the trivial thing that annoyed me...

...and i just happen to have an ancient laptop with XP in it.

Finally the starfield screen saver is back! :smile:

OP
OP
Chris S

Chris S

Legendary Member
Replacing my shaving foam with shaving cream. It comes in a tube not an aerosol so half of it doesn't get wasted when the gas runs out.

I've noticed that shaving cream has a very similar consistency to hand wash so I might experiment with that when the cream is finished.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Replacing my shaving foam with shaving cream. It comes in a tube not an aerosol so half of it doesn't get wasted when the gas runs out.

I've noticed that shaving cream has a very similar consistency to hand wash so I might experiment with that when the cream is finished.
I looked into the topic of shaving cream etc a while ago. The foam’s principle job is to keep moisture on your stubble so that it softens - hair is made of the same stuff as fingernails and you can see how they soften with immersion. Anyway, based on this and some anecdotal stories I stopped using any foam or gel, choosing instead to shave in the shower or bath. Sure enough, nice clean shave and no problems. It does require a lengthy soaking to be effective so if in a hurry you might still need a foam, but aftr a shower is still better than starting with a dry face. I am bearded now so no such issues.

gary r

Guru

I started using Hair conditioner instead of shaving jel or cream, seems to work a treat

Top Bottom