Trivial things that please you beyond all expectations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It's 51 years to the day since 'D-Day'/ Decimalisation Day.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Check out here

(Obvs you need to click on the links to see the pics.)
Thanks for the reminder about topping the pressure up! :okay: Why didn't the bloke in the video I posted mention about topping the pressure up I wonder?🤔 Anyway, I looked at the dial and it was in the red zone almost on 0. I pulled the tap down for about 15 seconds and it went up to number 1 in the green zone. I also had to bleed my bathroom radiator tonight. It hissed like billyo for nearly a minute ending in it firing out dark grey water (luckily I had a big wad of paper towel to catch it), then it went mad hot as opposed to the tepid temp' it was before. It's so hot now that I can only hold my fingers on the top for 2 seconds.

Last edited:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Thanks for the reminder about topping the pressure up! :okay: Why didn't the bloke in the video I posted mention about topping the pressure up I wonder?🤔 Anyway, I looked at the dial and it was in the red zone almost on 0. I pulled the tap down for about 15 seconds and it went up to number 1 in the green zone. I also had to bleed my bathroom radiator tonight. It hissed like billyo for nearly a minute ending in it firing out dark grey water (luckily I had a big wad of paper towel to catch it), then it went mad hot as opposed to the tepid temp' it was before. It's so hot now that I can only hold my fingers on the top for 2 seconds.
Excellent, glad it worked out. At the risk of asking the obvious, you have checked again since bleeding the bathroom radiator, right? You need to top up the pressure every time you let some out. :okay:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Excellent, glad it worked out. At the risk of asking the obvious, you have checked again since bleeding the bathroom radiator, right? You need to top up the pressure every time you let some out. :okay:
Just had a look at it. The gauge has dropped down to just above 0. Should I give the tap another tug, even though the radiators are still 'mad hot', or should I wait till tomorrow night ( I'm turning it off soon) when I put the heating back on?🤔

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
What make/type is it ?
My son, who is a chef, bought me an 'all purpose' knife recently.......scary how sharp it is.
It's a Victorinox Fibrox 8" one.

https://www.victorinox.com/uk/en/Products/Cutlery/Chef's-Knives/Fibrox-Carving-Knife-Extra-Wide/p/5.2063.20

It's fantastic fun to use. I sliced up loads of Seville oranges yesterday for my marmalade. I use any AnySharp sharpener to keep it scary.
I'm learning how to guide the blade using my knuckles when slicing stuff thinly but there is still a way to go, as a fingernail learned yesterday.

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
It's a Victorinox Fibrox 8" one.

https://www.victorinox.com/uk/en/Products/Cutlery/Chef's-Knives/Fibrox-Carving-Knife-Extra-Wide/p/5.2063.20

It's fantastic fun to use. I sliced up loads of Seville oranges yesterday for my marmalade. I use any AnySharp sharpener to keep it scary.
I'm learning how to guide the blade using my knuckles when slicing stuff thinly but there is still a way to go, as a fingernail learned yesterday.
Would you Adam and Eve it.......that is exactly the same as mine.
As a chef my son has hand made knives costing £100s but he says that is his 'go to' knife.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Just had a look at it. The gauge has dropped down to just above 0. Should I give the tap another tug, even though the radiators are still 'mad hot', or should I wait till tomorrow night ( I'm turning it off soon) when I put the heating back on?🤔
Wait till the system's off & cooled down, then check the needles and let in more water from the mains if necessary (until they're in the same position, give or take).

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Wait till the system's off & cooled down, then check the needles and let in more water from the mains if necessary (until they're in the same position, give or take).
I've just got in, so it hasn't been on since last night. The gauge was showing 0, on red. I've just pulled the tap down to let in more water. It's now up to number 1 in the green zone.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I bought a houseplant yesterday. I bought the same (type of) plant as the one I bought two years and 'killed' by ignoring instructions not to put it in direct sunlight. This one will be kept in the shade.🌔🌖

1645153136751.png

Top Bottom