Trivial things that please you beyond all expectations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Large new cars with headlights designed to make the front look like an animal face. Cat? Also the new fad for a thin narrow light running the full width of the bonnet and boot between the headlights and tailights.

You have to be a very special d1ckhead to design it but just an ordinary d1ckhead to buy a car like that.

Winds me up beyond all reason and rational thought. :cursing::cursing::cursing:
are you in the right thread? :laugh:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I started using Hair conditioner instead of shaving jel or cream, seems to work a treat
Shaving foam is just a lube. It needn't be anything special. So long as it has long sinewy molecules, it'll work. I just use a bar of soap.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
4FE34348-130D-48BC-9F70-FF6E541251DD.jpeg

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Great German Scrabble word!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
As in pulled that small blue tap thingy down, under the boiler, for a few seconds?🤔

By the way, yesterday was a year to the day since I blew my old boiler up.:ohmy:
Check out here
I can't quite see it from your picture, but I reckon your first port of call ought to be the system pressure gauge. I have a Worcestor Bosch - similar vintage to yours - and on mine, it looks like this:

View attachment 573852

If yours is basically the same, there'll be two pointers - a red one and a black one. The red one shows you where your water pressure needs to be, the black one shows where it actually is. If that black needle is way below the red one, you need to let more water into the system. Somewhere close to your boiler you'll find the water pipes connected to it. Mine look like this:

View attachment 573853

Find that tap - yours will be similar - and turn it anti-clockwise, while you watch the dial. The black needle should start moving up. When it's level with the red one, or just a tad below, turn the tap off. (Do this carefully...the pressure can change quickly.) Then use the reset button, as per irw's diagram above, and if you're lucky, you might be in business.

(Obvs you need to click on the links to see the pics.)

Top Bottom