Trossachs Ton - one for the CC Forum Scottish Team ?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I received the following from a work colleague / fellow CC forummer as he thought it might me of interest to those of us in Scotland (and Norway :smile:) who're keen on getting together and doing longer rides:

Action Medical Research, who I rode London to Paris for this year are organising an event in Central Scotland.

The idea was to create something that was hard enough to be a challenge to regular riders and including the Duke's Pass circuit of Loch Katrine and the Crow Road certainly achieves that yet accessible enough for the rider, who's maybe enjoyed PFS and is looking to do their first ever 100 mile challenge ride.

Other key selling points are same day registration and the event being within an hour's drive/trainride of the majority of Scotland's population. The timing (21st June) and distance (100 miles) are also right for anyone looking to build up to one of the continental classics in July such as the Etape du tour or La Marmotte.

More details can be found on this page: http://www.action.org.uk/get_involved/trossachs_ton.php which will be updated as stuff becomes finalised and the proposed route is available for preview at http://www.routeyou.com/route/view/52492/cycling-route-trossachs-ton.en . The council are nearly on board and they'll, of course have the final say-so. Action Medical Research have been doing this sort of thing in England and Ulster for a number of years now and have someone employed full time to work on them so the organisation should be top notch.​

So, boys and girls - would anyone be interested in doing this if it gets the go-ahead ?

Tetedelacourse

Definitely. Keep us posted Goo. It would all depend on the date of course for me.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I think that is the same day as the Edinburgh - St Andrews normally is, might be a toss up between a 100 km and a 100 mile...

Hmm. Maybe. I think I would need a new bike for that one. I'm not sure I would enjoy 100 miles on the hybrid!

We would need to have a few training rides before this of course!:biggrin:

Hi

AMR have updated their website and previous concerns about the map being unavailable have been addressed (let me know if you find otherwise).

http://www.action.org.uk/get_involved/trossachs_ton

Other than that, the big news is that ZipVit (of Cervelo test team fame) are on board as official nutritional partners for the event. I sampled their wares during a recce ride around Loch Katrine yesterday and found them very much to my liking.

Hope to see some CycleChat jerseys in the field on the day - let me know if you've got any questoins.
Cheers
Malcolm

MrRidley

Been having a look at this myself, the route has now been set and i would like to give it a go, but two things, i dont wear a helmet and more importantly i dont have a cyclechat jersey ;) but i am still interested but only if i could get a cc jersey.

ACS

Legendary Member
Sadly, I will not be able to join you this year as I am away on holiday this weekend. I will however, think of you all crawling up the Crow Road. :ohmy:

Good luck to you all.

Hmmm. It would certainly be a challange. The furthest I've cycled in a day is about 65 miles (PfS). Of course that was on my old hybrid and I have my new go faster road bike now. Hmmmm. It would be amazing to say I've ridden 100 miles. Hmmmm

Top Bottom