Trossachs Ton - one for the CC Forum Scottish Team ?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
gavintc said:
I am quite tempted by this one. I am home alone that weekend. i think it would give me a focus to get my bum moving.

I would just like to point out, if I did go in for this, I would NOT try to keep up with you Gavin! :ohmy:

gavintc

Guru
Hey Magna, you have the Kinesis as your new machine. I am pondering getting a new frame to replace my old Ribble and the frame you bought is on my list to consider. Are you still happy with it? It gets a very good review on the web as a do-everything frame.

gavintc said:
Hey Magna, you have the Kinesis as your new machine. I am pondering getting a new frame to replace my old Ribble and the frame you bought is on my list to consider. Are you still happy with it? It gets a very good review on the web as a do-everything frame.

Very happy! Obviously I am coming from a lead lined monster, but the Kinesis is responsive, but surprisingly comfortable. If you'd like a try of my bike I'd more than happily let you have a ride. It might be a bit small, but at least you'd have an idea. If your interested let me know.

Noodley

I have it in my diary that I am supposed to be riding a long route on my own in Englandshire that weekend. Not sure if I can be arsed TBH, so I might just come along to meet some CCers instead. I shall ponder.....

gavintc

Guru
magnatom said:
Very happy! Obviously I am coming from a lead lined monster, but the Kinesis is responsive, but surprisingly comfortable. If you'd like a try of my bike I'd more than happily let you have a ride. It might be a bit small, but at least you'd have an idea. If your interested let me know.

Our friend Bilsland's is getting hold of a bike for me to have a quick spin. Apparently one of his friends has a 57cm and will let me have it out over night.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
VERY jealous, am away that weekend but have stayed in a hotel/castle on th eedge of the small loch next to loch Katrine a few times and would love an excuse to go back up and breakmy Ton cherry there!

Look forward to hearing the stories, seeing the pics and as I am in Kent may tie in with a family cycling/fishing holiday next year.

Hmm. If I was going to do it, I'd want to raise money for my own charity, Accord Hospice who are doing a lot form my mum at the moment. If you are allowed to do that, (via justgiving) I might just give it a go. Would I be able to do 100 miles in a day? That's the question!:rolleyes:

ACS

Legendary Member
magnatom said:
Hmm. If I was going to do it, I'd want to raise money for my own charity, Accord Hospice who are doing a lot form my mum at the moment. If you are allowed to do that, (via justgiving) I might just give it a go. Would I be able to do 100 miles in a day? That's the question!:rolleyes:

Of course you can, its looking good at the end of it that is the hard bit:biggrin:

satans budgie said:
Of course you can, its looking good at the end of it that is the hard bit:biggrin:

Do I ever look good?:rolleyes::biggrin:

The problem is I don't have a huge amount of time to train between now and then. I'd have our own ride in May and possibly a couple of other rides myself, between now and then.

My ride history is about 65, possibly 70 miles, on last years PfS (includes getting there and back from home), the Stirling CC ride which was about 50 miles, but it was into a strong headwind for a significant part of it, and our recent 20 miler from Linlithgow. I did feel good after the Linlithgow ride (no stiffness at all) but it was a fairly relaxed ride (as it should be). Apart from that I just have my 10 mile a day commute. Is that enough tobe able to complete 100 miles without being a complete wreck?!

However, I am very keen to raise money for the hospice (if I am allowed to) and riding 100 miles is one of those distances that people would be willing to sponsor me for.

Hmmm.

ACS

Legendary Member
magnatom said:
Do I ever look good?:rolleyes::biggrin:

The problem is I don't have a huge amount of time to train between now and then. I'd have our own ride in May and possibly a couple of other rides myself, between now and then.

My ride history is about 65, possibly 70 miles, on last years PfS (includes getting there and back from home), the Stirling CC ride which was about 50 miles, but it was into a strong headwind for a significant part of it, and our recent 20 miler from Linlithgow. I did feel good after the Linlithgow ride (no stiffness at all) but it was a fairly relaxed ride (as it should be). Apart from that I just have my 10 mile a day commute. Is that enough tobe able to complete 100 miles without being a complete wreck?!

However, I am very keen to raise money for the hospice (if I am allowed to) and riding 100 miles is one of those distances that people would be willing to sponsor me for.

Hmmm.

Being the devils advocate, you have the base milage, it's not a race, you have a motive and because I will be away I will bang in £5 as an opener.

magnatom said:

Hmmm.

You commute further than I do and from what I saw of you riding you'll manage it fine.

OK then. As long as there is no problem taking sponsorship for another charity (I'm sure it will be fine as long as I hit minimum requirements for Action Medical Research) then I'm up for it!:laugh:

So who else from here is up for the Trossachs Ton?!:smile:

(You'll get to see the demise of Magnatom!:laugh:)

ACS

Legendary Member
magnatom said:
OK then. As long as there is no problem taking sponsorship for another charity (I'm sure it will be fine as long as I hit minimum requirements for Action Medical Research) then I'm up for it!:biggrin:

So who else from here is up for the Trossachs Ton?!:biggrin:

(You'll get to see the demise of Magnatom!xx()

Good man, my offer stands

Top Bottom