Trossachs Ton - one for the CC Forum Scottish Team ?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
wakemalcolm said:
Magnatom,
were you the guy who was wanting to know what the best and closest parts of the route to Paisley were?
Cheers
Malcolm

I didn't actually ask for the information (I had an idea where I was going anyway), but Janet passed it on to me. If I get a chance over the next few weeks I will ride some of the course with my helmet camera on so that AMR can put a video up.

OP
OP
goo_mason

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
magnatom said:
I've managed to get myself involved with some publicity for this. Action medical research were interested in the fact that I wanted to collect money for two charities, so I might be in the papers again!

They are also keen for some video footage of part of the route, so I might be doing a setion of it at some point soon. Watch this space!:biggrin:

Wakemalcolm, I managed to see the route fine.

You media darling, you. Must be those good looks working for you again :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

goo_mason said:
You media darling, you. Must be those good looks working for you again :bicycle::biggrin::biggrin:

:biggrin:

This one came out of the blue! One minute I was asking about charity sponsorship and the next I was on Oprah! :biggrin: Seriously though, she had asked to do this before realising what I looked like! :biggrin:

OP
OP
goo_mason

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
magnatom said:
:biggrin:

This one came out of the blue! One minute I was asking about charity sponsorship and the next I was on Oprah! :biggrin: Seriously though, she had asked to do this before realising what I looked like! :biggrin:

SHE asked you, eh ? (nudge nudge :biggrin: :bicycle:)

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
From a blog I recently read
It's official. I've gone completely bonkers! I've lost all contact with planet Earth.

Come on this is not news, we all know that happened a long time ago.... :biggrin:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
magnatom said:
Aye, I was surprised no-ne had picked up on this! :biggrin:

I think the signs of impending madness were there when you started referring to yourself in the third person.:biggrin:

Bollo said:
I think the signs of impending madness were there when you started referring to yourself in the third person.;)

No, it's when I start refering to myself in the forth fifth and sixth person that you should all take cover...

gavintc

Guru
Well, I am signed up and am looking forward to this little challenge. Two decent hills and lots of little ones to sap the legs. It is going to be a good one.

Magna - will you be signing autographs at the start? I presume you will be easy to spot with the cameras and the reporters following you.

gavintc said:
Well, I am signed up and am looking forward to this little challenge. Two decent hills and lots of little ones to sap the legs. It is going to be a good one.

Magna - will you be signing autographs at the start? I presume you will be easy to spot with the cameras and the reporters following you.

Good man. I will under no circumstances be trying to keep up with you Gavin!:smile: Have you had a ty of the Kinesis yet?

As for reporters! :smile: I've seen a copy of the AMR research press release, it's quite amusing. They have even had the gall to call me 'mild mannered'!:biggrin:

I'm certainly no janitor....;)

A quick update: We've just had word that Stiirling council's "jet-patcher" has been despatched to fill in the holes along the B829 Aberfoyle to to Inversnaid section.

No excuses for leaving your Sunday bikes at home how.
Cheers
Malcolm

Thought I would just bump this up.

142 taking part at the moment so the numbers are starting to build. It's a lovely part of the world so if your looking for a challenge you could do worse!

If your not up for the ride I think Action Medical Research are looking for Marshals. You could spend a lovely sunny day in the Trossachs. It is going to be sunny. I've just had a chat with my knee! ;)

Top Bottom