Trossachs Ton - one for the CC Forum Scottish Team ?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavintc

Guru
Well, I have had to withdraw from the event. I went out on Sat with the club and although I only did 20 miles, I seem to have irritated the injury and I don't want to make it worse. I want to ensure that I am fit for the summer holiday - so am going to take it easy for the next few weeks.

I hope you guys have a great ride - very jealous. There are some great roads out there on that ride.

PS. I saw the magnatom machine this evening. I was picking up my old frame from the shop. I now have the new Kinesis, built and frustratingly unable to be ridden.

gavintc said:
Well, I have had to withdraw from the event. I went out on Sat with the club and although I only did 20 miles, I seem to have irritated the injury and I don't want to make it worse. I want to ensure that I am fit for the summer holiday - so am going to take it easy for the next few weeks.

I hope you guys have a great ride - very jealous. There are some great roads out there on that ride.

Ah, bummer! :bravo: Sorry you won't be there. I was chatting about you today with Neil. All good of course!:girl:

He was happy that I've now used up all of my cycle to work credit. :ohmy:

gavintc said:

PS. I saw the magnatom machine this evening. I was picking up my old frame from the shop. I now have the new Kinesis, built and frustratingly unable to be ridden.
Ouch thats a bummer I hope you're OK for your holiday.
I'm off to the Dublin St physio tomorrow, I think I've tweaked the hamstring :ohmy: it meant I got dropped pretty fast from the 9:40 or was it we'd caught about 4 groups in the first 1/3 of the ride unfortunately nobody caught me when I was solo. Hopefully it'll be OK for the TT but I won't be setting any good times :bravo:

HLaB said:
I'm off to the Dublin St physio tomorrow, I think I've tweaked the hamstring :ohmy: it meant I got dropped pretty fast from the 9:40 or was it we'd caught about 4 groups in the first 1/3 of the ride unfortunately nobody caught me when I was solo. Hopefully it'll be OK for the TT but I won't be setting any good times :bravo:

Sorry to hear that HLaB. :girl:

I'll slow down a bit for you (aye right! :blush:).

gavintc

Guru
HLaB said:

I saw you around Musselburgh and wondered why you were solo. Hope the physio is able to sort it quickly. I was on the way out at that point. I met up with Lori's group on the way back in and returned with them. It felt good on Sat when I was riding, the irritation got worse later.

ferret fur

Have I lost out on some of the event information for this? I've seen the May newsletter but nothing about start point, where the feed stations are etc. Or am I missing something?

ferret fur said:
Have I lost out on some of the event information for this? I've seen the May newsletter but nothing about start point, where the feed stations are etc. Or am I missing something?
A news letter came just today, pm me an email address if you want me to forward it. Below is a few of the details.
Parking

image_1.jpg
The start and finish will be within Kings Park Stirling which is within a residential area of Stirling. There is likely to be reasonable parking on the edge of the park and in neighbouring streets but I ask that you be mindful about where you leave your car and do not block driveways and abide by the Highway Code at all times. Try to keep the noise down as I'm not sure everyone will be awake so early on a Sunday. Please do not enter the park in a vehicle.
Alternatively you may also be able to park at Stirling Council Head Quarters at Viewforth, FK8 2ET which is unused on a Sunday and is a short ride away. Again don't take up two spaces if you can squeeze into one. Google map
Registration (7.00am-9:00am)

Registration opens at 7.00 with the first riders away at 7.30am! When you arrive at Kings Park you will need to make your way to the REGISTRATION DESKS which are under cover in the main tent. Enter via the gate at the corner of Kings Park Road and Victoria Place. Google map
Tables will be sectioned ALPAHBETICALLY (eg: A-C, D-F) You MUST join the queue with your surname initial as each registration officer will only have the paperwork for the riders with those designated letters. DO not queue in the wrong line as you will need to re-join the next queue if you have!!!
When you register, we need your name, and what you think you will raise in sponsorship. If you are able to pay your sponsorship, we can collect this at this time if you make a cheque payable to 'Action Medical Research'

gavintc said:
I saw you around Musselburgh and wondered why you were solo. Hope the physio is able to sort it quickly. I was on the way out at that point. I met up with Lori's group on the way back in and returned with them. It felt good on Sat when I was riding, the irritation got worse later.
The physio made a very thorough examination (she's in the ERC too). I've got a knotted hamstring or something like that and muscle imbalance (my right leg is much stronger than my left) it seems to have been causing problems. It'll take a while to balance out but atleast its not stopping me 100%, just holding me at about 75%.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Glad it's not too serious, though sounds uncomfortable enough as is.

Maybe at 75%, it'll give you more time for GPS/map co-ordination - Ah that's it !!! The right/left leg imbalance is clearly what has caused all the navigational 'imbalances' too :smile:

QED
;)

Och, he's just worried about my recent training, and wants to make sure he has an excuse if I get a better time than him! ;);)

I think both my legs are weaker than his weakest!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
magnatom said:
Och, he's just worried about my recent training, and wants to make sure he has an excuse if I get a better time than him! :smile:;)

I think both my legs are weaker than his weakest!
weaker = comparative of 2
weakest = superlative of more than 2

;):ohmy::ohmy:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I'll be Embra-St Andrews tomorrow and might not be back in suitable time to wish all you guys a good ride on Sunday, not too much no rain, the wind at your backs, lots of autographs from mags :tongue: and successful completion of THE TON (IMPERIAL) :thumbsup:

Ride safely.

Top Bottom