Trossachs Ton - one for the CC Forum Scottish Team ?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Hairy Jock said:
Aye, Aye, Ca'pen, Marshaling now there is idea...
Hang on, there :wacko:

Thought you and Mrs HJ were coming in as part of the CCESANTT* team :sad:

Marshalling :sad: - definitely for non-cyclists :biggrin:

* CycleChat Edinburgh-StAndrews Not Trossachs Ton :smile:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
The logistics might need thinking through, but the events are on different days and the thought of being able to divert Mags on to a longer loop is tempting....:smile:

Hairy Jock said:
The logistics might need thinking through, but the events are on different days and the thought of being able to divert Mags on to a longer loop is tempting....:tongue:

:biggrin::biggrin:

I'll need the extra miles like a hole in the head!:smile:

It would be great to see you out on the course HJ.

Of course what I really need is some slower riders to tag along with. I'm a bit concerned that at the moment it is Gavintc and HLaB! :smile:

Are you sure you won't ride HJ...?:wacko:

boydj

Legendary Member
I signed up for this a few weeks ago, just after I got my shiny new (to me) Mercian. Trying to get the training in is the difficult thing - between crappy weather, golf ties and now a heavy cold. See you all there, no doubt.

boydj said:
I signed up for this a few weeks ago, just after I got my shiny new (to me) Mercian. Trying to get the training in is the difficult thing - between crappy weather, golf ties and now a heavy cold. See you all there, no doubt.

Excellent! :biggrin:

Maybe we could meet up for a training run at some point over the next few weeks, of you are interested. As long as you promise not to go too fast! :biggrin:

boydj

Legendary Member
magnatom said:
Excellent! :angry:

Maybe we could meet up for a training run at some point over the next few weeks, of you are interested. As long as you promise not to go too fast! :biggrin:

Sounds like a good offer - thanks. I'm going up North this week-end, but some company for a long run would be great. I'll PM availability next week some time. And there's absolutely no danger of me going too fast :angry:

QuickDraw

While I'm nowhere near fit enough for this race it is Father's Day so I might be able to get out on the bike (I'm still working on permission for a week on Sunday) so a couple questions:

Would it be bad form to cycle part of the route while other people are trying to do 100 miles? I was thinking about heading up the Crow Road but I don't want to get in the way of people battling up the hill after doing 80 miles already.

What time are you all expecting to be there at? I could maybe pretend I'm just stopping to cheer you on and not because my legs have given up.

QuickDraw said:
While I'm nowhere near fit enough for this race it is Father's Day so I might be able to get out on the bike (I'm still working on permission for a week on Sunday) so a couple questions:

Would it be bad form to cycle part of the route while other people are trying to do 100 miles? I was thinking about heading up the Crow Road but I don't want to get in the way of people battling up the hill after doing 80 miles already.

What time are you all expecting to be there at? I could maybe pretend I'm just stopping to cheer you on and not because my legs have given up.

I'll bet you are fitter than you are letting on. There is time to get in some runs before the big day. I'm planning on doing 50 miles (taking in Tak ma Doon, my first time) on Sunday morning. You'd be more than welcome to come along for your first training ride. :biggrin:

If not then the roads are open so I'm sure you would be fine riding some. if not all of the route if you wanted to. Of course, you wouldn't get the free massage at the end!

I have no idea what time I will get there! I'm averaging 16mph over 40 miles. Take into account I will have had some food stops etc, I might be slower as it is further, I might be quicker if I try and keep up with HLaB! I really have no idea! Anything under 10 hours would be a bonus! :biggrin:

Of course that assumes it's me you want to meet. There is no-one else of any consequence doing the ton is there! :smile:

QuickDraw

magnatom said:
I'll bet you are fitter than you are letting on. There is time to get in some runs before the big day. I'm planning on doing 50 miles (taking in Tak ma Doon, my first time) on Sunday morning. You'd be more than welcome to come along for your first training ride. :biggrin:

If not then the roads are open so I'm sure you would be fine riding some. if not all of the route if you wanted to. Of course, you wouldn't get the free massage at the end!

I have no idea what time I will get there! I'm averaging 16mph over 40 miles. Take into account I will have had some food stops etc, I might be slower as it is further, I might be quicker if I try and keep up with HLaB! I really have no idea! Anything under 10 hours would be a bonus! :tongue:

Of course that assumes it's me you want to meet. There is no-one else of any consequence doing the ton is there! :ohmy:

No chance for tomorrow I'm afraid. I have a prior engagement with Setanta.
I'll do my best for next week and on race day though.

Here is some up to date information for anyone taking part in the Trossachs Ton, or considering doing so.

Go on you know you want to! :tongue:

Annie

Hi there,
New to CC....I was looking for info on the Trossachs Ton and came across your forum :biggrin:

Am pleased to see that people are getting their names down. I registered for this ages ago, thinking it would make me train more...............Didnt work out so well :blush:

Oh well not to worry....even if I roll in a broken and battered last I will make it round!!

Are there any other girls taking part? Not that it matters I guess but would be nice to see couple other ladies there.

Ive never done something on quite this scale before.....any words of wisdom??? :smile:

Annie

Hi Annie,

Welcome to the forum!:biggrin:

I don't know personally of any ladies taking part, but I know there are at least some. If you look on the AMR website and click on sponsor a friend you can get a list of who is riding. I've seen a number of female names. Possibly yours!:smile:

I've never done something of this distance before, so it is new to me as well. I think the best advice is probably to go out and enjoy it and go at your own pace. Some of the guys on here are whippets, I'm not there (yet, aye right) but I know I won't be able to keep up with them. I'm not worried as I know there will be many cyclists of varying abilities, some similar to mine, so I am sure you will be the same.

Good luck, and keep an eye out for me, I'm the semi infamous one;):laugh:

kellis10

I cycled round 92miles of the route yesterday. T'was a grand day out!

Riders beware of the deer grids and some patches of gravel round Loch Katrine on the private road. I also finished in a thunder storm and the flood water was washing lots of debris on to the road descending from the Campsies into Stirling.

Thanks for the heads-up! :ohmy:

I'm looking forward to it, and the bike is in for it's pre Ton pampering service!

I'm staying in Stirling the night before so that I can get a bit more of a sleep in. I was planning on trying to register as early as possible (7:00am) and to start early. What is everyone else doing?

Gavintc, how's the shoulder and are you taking part?

Top Bottom