Trossachs Ton - one for the CC Forum Scottish Team ?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
satans budgie said:
Good man, my offer stands
... and is very much appreciated!!:biggrin:

I have contacted the organiser to check that they would be happy for me to collect money for both them and my charity (giving people a choice). As long as that is fine then I'll be trying my best to do the 100.:biggrin:

The fact that the Crow Road is on the route doesn't worry me at all. Oh no!xx(

magnatom said:
OK then. As long as there is no problem taking sponsorship for another charity (I'm sure it will be fine as long as I hit minimum requirements for Action Medical Research) then I'm up for it!:biggrin:

So who else from here is up for the Trossachs Ton?!:biggrin:

(You'll get to see the demise of Magnatom!xx()
Well done! I've signed up for it too, if there's a CC ride on the 21st June I'm busy.

I quite like the fact that the target sponsorship isn't too onerous but if anybody is feeling generous they can donate here.

Magna once you get your sponsorship set up I'll be happy to reciprocate.

HLaB said:
Well done! I've signed up for it too, if there's a CC ride on the 21st June I'm busy.

I quite like the fact that the target sponsorship isn't too onerous but if anybody is feeling generous they can donate here.

Magna once you get your sponsorship set up I'll be happy to reciprocate.

Good man! It would be good to have a few CC shirted riders in the field.

Don't feel you need to hang back for me.!

I'll certainly sponsor you, but I might wait until pay day! Put a link in your sig. It's a good way of giving CC'ers an opportunity to sponsor you.

I think I'll have to try and get out on the bike this weekend!xx(

(Oh and I will be looking into getting that new cassette. I think a 27 teeth cog is in order!)

magnatom said:
Good man! It would be good to have a few CC shirted riders in the field.

Don't feel you need to hang back for me.!

I'll certainly sponsor you, but I might wait until pay day! Put a link in your sig. It's a good way of giving CC'ers an opportunity to sponsor you.

I think I'll have to try and get out on the bike this weekend!xx(

(Oh and I will be looking into getting that new cassette. I think a 27 teeth cog is in order!)
Cheers,

I'd definitely consider another cassette a 23 is a bit too small. You'll want to get more advice on this but I think you could swap a 23 for a 25 without having to make any further changes but a 27 may involve a new cage/ chain)

HLaB said:
Cheers,

I'd definitely consider another cassette a 23 is a bit too small. You'll want to get more advice on this but I think you could swap a 23 for a 25 without having to make any further changes but a 27 may involve a new cage/ chain)

Ah, true. I will consult with the LBS.

MrRidley

magnatom said:
... and is very much appreciated!!:biggrin:

I have contacted the organiser to check that they would be happy for me to collect money for both them and my charity (giving people a choice). As long as that is fine then I'll be trying my best to do the 100.:biggrin:

The fact that the Crow Road is on the route doesn't worry me at all. Oh no!xx(

Dont worry about the crow road it's not bad, i climbed it today and i'm going back on sunday for more, it's good core fitness training.

Andy

One of the guys from Stirling BC is on board now and he's added a bit of local savvy to the route. You'll be pleased to hear that the final run will be amended to take a quieter route back down to the King's Park. There's also a safer route into Thornhill and a quick loop into Clachan of Campsie for a refreshment stop before the Crow Road.

Not sure when the route on the site will be updated to show these tweaks.
Cheers
Malcolm

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I'll be going to cheer you guys on as I live in Stirling. I'm not at a stage where I could do a route like this but I will be next year. I'll hopefully have a road bike by this time next year also, not sure I fancy this kind of route on my commuter bike. Must lose more weight to fit into a cyclechat jersey!

gavintc

Guru
arranandy said:
Yeah, the crow isn't too bad. The Dukes pass is worse. The only bit of the route that worries me is the final run in to Stirling. That is a busy bit of road with fast moving traffic:sad:

Was up the Dukes Pass this weekend as my wife and I did a weekend away in Callander in a B&B. There is some great cycling up there. We did Glen Lyon one day and then a circuit of Loch Katrine the next. Great views, relatively quiet roads and the weather was kind.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
gavintc said:
We did Glen Lyon one day ..... Great views, relatively quiet roads and the weather was kind.
Did you go up and over to Killin as well ? That's a climb I want (to be able) to do ! ;)

gavintc said:
Was up the Dukes Pass this weekend as my wife and I did a weekend away in Callander in a B&B. There is some great cycling up there. We did Glen Lyon one day and then a circuit of Loch Katrine the next. Great views, relatively quiet roads and the weather was kind.
I had to do a double take today just as I was entering Loch Katrine a bloke and a woman came cycling out on road bikes. Its a bit chaotic with all the people but once further round the loch it was beautiful.

gavintc

Guru
scoosh said:
Did you go up and over to Killin as well ? That's a climb I want (to be able) to do ! :biggrin:

We parked the car at Killin and rode from there. But on the way back, I decided to ride back. I got as far as Lochearnhead before my wife in the car caught up with me. I decided to put the bike in the back of the car at this point as the traffic was classic Sunday drivers - dreadfully close and fast.

I've managed to get myself involved with some publicity for this. Action medical research were interested in the fact that I wanted to collect money for two charities, so I might be in the papers again!

They are also keen for some video footage of part of the route, so I might be doing a setion of it at some point soon. Watch this space!;)

Wakemalcolm, I managed to see the route fine.

Top Bottom