Trousers in the wet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
OK, so the one time I've cycled in the rain with wet trousers I found they were sticking to my legs & making it difficult to pedal. Having seen comments about getting drenched recently, how do folk cope with that problem?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
OK, so the one time I've cycled in the rain with wet trousers I found they were sticking to my legs & making it difficult to pedal. Having seen comments about getting drenched recently, how do folk cope with that problem?
Lycra...in a word. Lol

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Wear tights, sandwich bags over socks, shoes and neoprene shoe covers. Out yesterday for 20 miles or so in the rain, and legs were comfortable, and dry out as soon as/if the rain stops.

OP
OP
mybike

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Speedos. Mine get admiring glances.

Are you sure they are admiring?

Thanks for the answers, sounds like it's either lycra or overtrousers. My experience of OTs in a motorbike is that they keep some parts dry & leak at the seams. Rain legs seem a good option tho'.

G3CWI

Veteran
Thanks for the answers, sounds like it's either lycra or overtrousers.

More helpfully I did try some of the special waterproof leggings that Aldi sells. They protect the front of your leg. I didnt like them much though and gave up (this was for commuting). Lycra does not hold much water and dries quickly. I keep dry clothes at work and change if really soaked.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Water repellent over trousers if it's just drizzling, waterproofs if pouring down.
Eventually (around the 4/5 mile mark) you get soaked anyway, whatever you wear.

Top Bottom