TRP HY-RD Cable Actuated Disc Brakes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I'm not sure if they are the same Pat but I'm close to changing the entire system but don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water just yet.
The new system was only £25, purchased and fitted by @flyingfifi.
I donated the old one to @gaijintendo for a project, you can ask him if they work on his bike, because on mine they weren't working for sure :laugh:

gaijintendo

Veteran
The new system was only £25, purchased and fitted by @flyingfifi.
I donated the old one to @gaijintendo for a project, you can ask him if they work on his bike, because on mine they weren't working for sure :laugh:
They were Promax RenderRs, and they either didn't seem to bite, or rubbed... (And seemed very similar in that regard to the placer ones I had on there) are now BB7s.

I got them from Taiwan, and a set cost less than a single one over here...

I am surprised at the TRP HYRD reports, as my riding buddy upgraded to them from BB5s, and loves them. I would have happily got some had the price been right.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
It's likely to be the cable. Disconnect the cable from the actuator arm and see if the caliper works OK manually
Definitely just the cable, as soon as I released it the arm swung back freely and you could see the cable is almost threadbare. I think I'll just get all my cables replaced while I'm at it.

gaijintendo

Veteran
OMG! Those brakes are still out there :eek:
Good point. It was a while ago. I just assumed it was my bad skills setting them up. I think they used bb5 pads if I recall.

I just take anything left over after a shed clean, once a year to help prevent hoarding. I think they might be getting a failing fixie wheelset soon, and they'd be most welcome to melt it down.

Top Bottom