Trying to get a covid booster in Scotland.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Its odd that booking a booster in Scotland is such a chore, as herenjn England they're oractically thorwing them at me. Had my bkoster last week, and today received a text message telling me I could now book my covid booster...

Slick

Guru
I just booked mine after reading this thread. :okay:

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Purely by luck, I had another attempt at using the covid booster online booking portal today - and got an appointment for TOMORROW, locally. Must have been a cancellation.
Then on Sunday morning, get the flu jag, again locally.
Monday, go to hospital in Greenock for a pre-op covid test. After which, self isolation.
Tuesday, drink 2 potions of industrial strength laxatives for a clear out, to facilitate:
Wednesday, a camera being inserted where I would prefer it not to be inserted.
Not a week I am particularly looking forward to :ohmy:. But once it's done, hopefully that will be the end of my medical woes for a while.

Baldy

Über Member
Got the blue envelope last week appointment was for today at 10.00 had to change that to an evening one. just phoned up and got a slot for 19.14. All went smoothly, so, now I'm all done Covid and flu.

bruce1530

Guru
Purely by luck, I had another attempt at using the covid booster online booking portal today - and got an appointment for TOMORROW, locally. Must have been a cancellation.

Thanks for the tip-off - I checked your local tax place - which is about 10 miles from me - and got a cancellation there for tomorrow evening - was supposed to be getting done in 3 weeks.

Mr Celine

Discordian
NHS Scotland, or NHS Borders, whoever is responsible for the roll out of the booster, were aware that the medication I take for arthritis puts me in the 'severely immuno-compromised' bracket. Commendably, they were also up on the recent guidance that means I only had to have a gap of 8 weeks since my second jag and duly sent me an appointment a month ago.

Unfortunately they hadn't effectively communicated any of this to the staff on the ground. Summoned by my blue envelope I duly attended for my booster jag but was turned away as nursey had never heard of the meds I'm on, couldn't be arsed looking them up on her laptop and said 21 weeks was too soon.

It's all moot now as ten days after my appointment I caught covid and now can't get a booster anyway. I just want my sense of smell back. :angry:

Slick

Guru
Just back from my trip up the coast to Largs.

Covid booster.
Flu jag
Fish & Chips.
Hopefully it was The Fish Works with a side of tartar sauce. :hungry:

Slick

Guru
I just booked mine after reading this thread. :okay:
Although I've now just realised that I am in fact living in NHS Highland, despite being able to book my slot in a local centre no more than 6 miles from here. I probably will still attend my appointment but not sure how they will deal with it. :wacko:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Its odd that booking a booster in Scotland is such a chore, as herenjn England they're oractically thorwing them at me. Had my bkoster last week, and today received a text message telling me I could now book my covid booster...
Some very specific parts of Scotland perhaps but I found no problem and none of my relatives have either. This covers an area from Shetland to south east of Glasgow.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
@Brandane I'm just reading this thread: hope all went well yesterday and today.
I used, to book my booster and my flu vac the vacs.nhs.scot site.
As I had changed the blue letter appointment for my second dose, I already had a log in.
I was lucky to find a local vac centre, just 20 min walk from home
Booked the double jab before my days off, just in case of side effects as I've never had a flu jab before.
Was not so lucky for my first 2 corona vacs, had to travel to a centre miles away from home, uphill on a busy road, no chance to cycle there.

Top Bottom