TT bike build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I am aware of those, my aero bar setup will be changing shortly where this will no longer be an issue. I am simply curious to whether the Garmin out front mount puts it low enough to twist off when the bars are closer.

OP
OP
jdtate101

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
I am aware of those, my aero bar setup will be changing shortly where this will no longer be an issue. I am simply curious to whether the Garmin out front mount puts it low enough to twist off when the bars are closer.

I would say no. The Garmin out front is lower than the SRAM one for sure, but it would still have an issue with close bars.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Thanks. Won't be an issue for me for much longer as I am going to change the whole front end setup to get the base bar really low and then bring my pads and extensions up with spacers. Partly because it looks pro, partly because it has been said separating the pads from the base bar is more aero and partly for fit (I want the bullhorns to be more in a drops position than a hoods position).

OP
OP
jdtate101

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Thanks. Won't be an issue for me for much longer as I am going to change the whole front end setup to get the base bar really low and then bring my pads and extensions up with spacers. Partly because it looks pro, partly because it has been said separating the pads from the base bar is more aero and partly for fit (I want the bullhorns to be more in a drops position than a hoods position).

I think that Brad does it that way, he has a lot of vertical space between bar and extensions, whereas Cadel's setup is practically flat.

OP
OP
jdtate101

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Sat on one of these today:
Pinarello_Graal_Di2_2011_Sky_Bike.jpg

OMG is it light.....drool, but close to £15000 if you want to buy...:eek: #dontbreakit

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Sat on one of these today:
Pinarello_Graal_Di2_2011_Sky_Bike.jpg

OMG is it light.....drool, but close to £15000 if you want to buy...:eek: #dontbreakit

Yes and it is not even a super bike really given that it was well behind the competition at launch, just like the new Bollide is now. The Giant, Trek, Specialized and Cervelo offerings are all better bikes.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I think that Brad does it that way, he has a lot of vertical space between bar and extensions, whereas Cadel's setup is practically flat.

Quite a few of the domestic testers ride with setups similar to this too, have a gander at Matt Bottrill's & Michael Hutchinson's setup etc, or indeed many of the drag2zero riders. Ultimatelly it will depend on what suits the rider. For my bike, preferences and position I think it would suit. Given that I can't afford to go in a wind tunnel etc, can only really go on riders of similar build (tall and gangly, lol) and what feels right to get a good starting point.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Don't know what I would get, I guess if funds were unlimited I would go for whichever superbike fit best a safe bet would be a Cannondale Slice RS, assuming the geometry is similar to my current Slice when adjusted, i.e. tall and short (I have long limbs but torso is not that long), not checked the geometry, looks longer than the old Slice though.

If we forget practicalities like fit, I would take a Giant Trinity Advanced or a Specialized Shiv TT (the UCI legal one, the tri version is beyond ugly).

Top Bottom