TT bike smaller than road?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

suthers

Hi all, just a question, Im looking at buying a felt TT bike, im 5'11 with leg of c.31cm, would a 52cm top tube be too small? Im on a 54 now and Ive heard people say a TT should be smaller.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I would imagine (and I might be wrong) that a bike built specifically for TT'ing will be designed such that it is the correct size for the rider and you would not need to buy a smaller frame than your "normal" sizing (but all frames vary so you may not need the same size on all frames).

If you were to try using a road bike for a TT bike, maybe you would buy/use a bike 1 size down. But if the bike is made for TT'ing you shouldnt need to make size compromises because the geometry should be optomised to put you in the right possition.

Will1985

Über Member
You should try it before buying as fit and position on a TT bike is very important - FWIW I've tried a 52cm B2 which feels good at 5'8" so a 54 might be more suitable for you.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
They are smaller due to the extended nature of aero bars and of course a smaller bike enables a lower upper body position to minimise wind resistance.

It also shaves a few grams off the overall weight!

Top Bottom