Tube liners / protectors - any good - ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
simongt

simongt

Guru
Had a fair bit of practise on tyres & tubes off and on mending punctures over the weekend. Broke three cheapo tyre levers in the process; :rofl: Conti and Schwalbe tyres, both on Mavic rims :training: so have ordered two pair of Pedro's tyre levers, as they are suppose to be the best - !

DRHysted

Guru
Practise and practise more, not getting puncture but getting a tube changed and back on your way in a few minutes.

At 4am I'd sooner not have the puncture.

DRHysted

Guru
So would I, but I could be back going in a few minutes where as somebody without the skills through lack of practise could be there for 30 minutes.

11 minutes, that includes 2 minutes to unbolt the rear wheel slip the chain n and loosen the rear mudguards, which then has to be reversed when refitting.

Personally I can't see any problem with trying prevention, especially as mine caused no difference.

screenman

Legendary Member
I certainly agree with prevention, but you would be surprised how many people cannot change a tube in a few minutes.

OP
OP
simongt

simongt

Guru
Indeed, most recent puncture; panniers off, tools etc., out, bike inverted, wheel, tyre & tube off, replace tube & pump up, reverse process & back on bike - approx. 15 minutes. And all under the glow of a nearby streetlamp - ! :thumbsup: Also, as I was due to meet the GLW at our excellent local hostlery did add a certain impetus - ! :cheers:
And a passing jogger stopped to ask if I needed any help - !

Top Bottom