Tube vs tubeless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
A shake of talc is a known way to aid cleaning a carpet - the fine particles absorb dirt.

The likes of Shake'n'Vac works in a similar manner, although I wouldn't recommend stuffing your hoover's head into a vat of it.

Off topic, my sister's killed two vacuum's by using too much talc. She usually offers them to me, can you use this, it's not picking up. Latest was a dyson cylinder. They become my 'car hoover' and live in the garage. The filters were clogged with talc both times. Off topic, sorry. I guess hoovering up 'gunk' won't do the hoover much good.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
too much talc.

Too much talc will clog a hoover, but I wouldn't worry about overspill from inner tubes, the baby's bottom, or wherever else you choose to apply it.

Also handy as a dry lubricant, most notably on curtain rails where anything else will leave a stain.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Too much talc will clog a hoover, but I wouldn't worry about overspill from inner tubes, the baby's bottom, or wherever else you choose to apply it.

Also handy as a dry lubricant, most notably on curtain rails where anything else will leave a stain.

You haven't seen how much talk I use, my drive looks like a tyre gunk explosion when I've finished.

Oi, now you're going off topic. :laugh: Is tyre gunk any good for curtain rails ? I use silicon lube ! :whistle:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
You haven't seen how much talk I use, my drive looks like a tyre gunk explosion when I've finished.

Oi, now you're going off topic. :laugh: Is tyre gunk any good for curtain rails ? I use silicon lube ! :whistle:

Silicone is quite good for curtain rails because it tends to be clear and dried via evaporation, making it less likely to stain fabric.

You - or sis - could try using a Henry vacuum.

They don't tend to suffer from indigestion, which is why builders favour them as they will suck up plaster and brick dust.

Modern ones have a large dinner plate sized filter which sits on top of the bag, which is washable, but you can run the hoover perfectly well without it.

In that case, there is no filter to block.

The worst you could do is block the air porosity of the bag, but that's unlikely unless you are sucking neat talc, and in any case they are disposable.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Mod Note:
After 11 pages, the topic seems to have been discussed to exhaustion for now, so I'm locking the thread.

Noted for future discussion, perhaps I won't bother trying to be polite next time ...
Mod Note2: the above is against the forum rulz and could lead to sanctions :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom