Tube vs tubeless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriswoody

Legendary Member
@Venod @shep interesting to read of your issues with WTB tanwalls. I've got black walled WTB Radlers and whilst I've not experienced porous sidewalls, I have noticed another similar issue. After a year of use the side of the tire seems to be cracking along the line that is just above the rim bead (The indicator line to show the tire is seated evenly and correctly). I've had some weeping of sealant there, but no deflation, I think the tires don't have much life left in them.

Overall, the tires haven't been proved themselves to be that puncture resistant, I'm often seeing dark patches on the tread where the sealant has been at work, the fact that I'm running tubeless though, has saved me from any unwanted deflations.

Yes really; what I wrote was quite simple. It makes perfect sense.

I'm not telling anyone what to spend their money on. Read what I wrote. (yes of course 10k would be better going to a good cause than a sexy bike I don't need - but I'm not telling anyone to do that.)

I'm sorry you find it strange - perhaps sometimes reading new strange ideas is a good thing? :smile:
Sorry I thought what you were saying is EXACTLY that, don't spend MY money on a tyre inflator spend it on Cycle paths etc.

Sorry I thought what you were saying is EXACTLY that, don't spend MY money on a tyre inflator spend it on Cycle paths etc.
You specifically asked about where you should spend your money! I gave a reasonable, polite answer. I'm very sorry if you didn't like it!

I don't want to tell you what to spend money on, but don't ask a question then whine about the answer!

You specifically asked about where you should spend your money! I gave a reasonable, polite answer. I'm very sorry if you didn't like it!

I don't want to tell you what to spend money on, but don't ask a question then whine about the answer!
I don't think I asked anyone where I should spend my money, you just felt it necessary to part with some strange wisdom?

That may well be a sensible purchase for you (in your circs), but that is £48 that the bike industry wouldn't have seen without this trend ...

I then mentioned that as a Cycling Forum supporting the bike industry wouldn't be a bad thing?

I'm certainly not whining as I think your perception of what's been asked needed clarifying.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Tricky question ...

We could probably spend the money on something more useful (maybe bike infrastructure, or safety campaigns, maybe funds for disable cycling?). But that isn't going to happen.

To me, this post suggests, quite reasonably, we could spend more public money on more cycling infrastructure.

But it has bugger all to do with how an individual cyclist spends his earned income.

'The money' of which you wrote was clearly Shep's £46.

Rather than me brushing up on comprehension, I think you need to brush up on composition.

< I have to say that, although this Tubeless Thread has ticked many of my standard Tubeless BoringBingo boxes, this latest fascinating philosophical exchange is a new development. Well done chaps! >
You should congratulate yourself really as until you decided to part your pearls of wisdom upon us it was really just another dull Tubeless tyre thread, full respect.:notworthy:

Tricky question ...

We could probably spend the money on something more useful (maybe bike infrastructure, or safety campaigns, maybe funds for disable cycling?). But that isn't going to happen.

To me, this post suggests, quite reasonably, we could spend more public money on more cycling infrastructure.

But it has bugger all to do with how an individual cyclist spends his earned income.

'The money' of which you wrote was clearly Shep's £46.

Rather than me brushing up on comprehension, I think you need to brush up on composition.
I'm not so sure - you added a rather important word in there: "PUBLIC". It isn't in what I wrote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom