Tubeless tyres are awesome!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I think this would have even defeated Marathon Plus tyres: it was 35mm long!
With tubeless, I only noticed it due to the noise on the road every wheel revolution.
IMG_20160314_174031.jpg

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Make as you go Winter ice spiker..

Taken it out yet, that would prove awesomeness

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Make as you go Winter ice spiker..

Taken it out yet, that would prove awesomeness

Yes. I left it in for the rest of the journey home, and when I took it out it left a large hole that was too much for the sealant. I can probably patch it though.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ha - I had a 4 inch nail go through the side of a mountain bike tyre once, then through both sides of the inner tube, and out of the other side of the tyre. The tyre stayed pumped up! The only reason that I knew that the nail was there was because it was catching on the seat stays as the wheel rotated.

I have absolutely no idea how a nail could find its way through like that, and even less idea why the tube didn't go flat ...

Ajax Bay

Guru
I have absolutely no idea how a nail could find its way through [both sidewalls in a oner] like that
Maybe you have special friend? Surprised you have 4" clearance between seatstays. But maybe one of these humungous tyre jobs that seem to have become increasingly 'the rage' (well, on Dartmoor anyway).

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Maybe you have special friend? Surprised you have 4" clearance between seatstays. But maybe one of these humungous tyre jobs that seem to have become increasingly 'the rage' (well, on Dartmoor anyway).
You are making me wonder if it really was a 3 inch nail! Maybe it wasn't directly across the tyre - it was about 15 years ago and I can't remember. The tyre was just over 2 inches wide, not one of those huge ones that you are thinking of!

Top Bottom