Tubeless tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
All done, waaaaay easier than I was expecting.
You've probably done something wrong :okay:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Seems to me narrow roadie tubeless tyres are easier to seat than MTB or podgy balloon tyres.

I've seated my 2.4" Schwalbe Super Moto X tyres a couple of times with the track pump.

However, the last time was too much of a faff, so I bit the bullet and bought a blaster.

That usually seals with one go, although it took two blasts on one occasion.

OP
OP
C

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
You've probably done something wrong :okay:

Oh FFS, why have you said that? That thought is already in my head anyway, now you have confirmed it :sad: Although several hours later they are still inflated.

I will probably hear a huge pop later and find the whole garage covered in sealant 💦💦💦

Last edited by a moderator:

Lookrider

Oh FFS, why have you said that? That thought is already in my head anyway, now you have confirmed it :sad: Although several hours later they are still inflated.

I will probably hear a huge pop later and find the whole garage covered in sealant 💦💦💦

Actually your really meant to hear a pop

Describe the process to us, including every little step (if you remember). This way we may be able to tell if you've screwed up or not.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
don't worry, its not until you ride the that you find out that the venn diagram of pressures needed ride on 25mm tyres and the pressures you can run tubeless at without it firing sealant like rocket out of any small hole have a very very fine overlap.

Top Bottom