Tubeless tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
What about the hairline crack in the rim ? That sounds serious ?
I don't think it is.

It doesn't go all the way down, and really is hairline. It took me a while to even see it.

But I will be keeping an eye on it, and if it starts to grow, will replace the wheel. I hope it doesn't come to that.

Lookrider

You can make a " volume blaster " by easily converting a large garden/tomatoe sprayer mine works great ...lots if you tube vids to explain how to convert one

Alex321

Veteran
held together with stan's sealant, what could possibly go wrong?
It is one side of the rim only, and doesn't go down as far as the interior bed. (They are aero(ish) rims, so quite a lot of material below the interior bed).

As I say, I will certainly keep an eye on it.

Jody

Stubborn git
Really for mountain bike tyres? That surprises me. What mountain bike tubeless rims and tyres have you been using?

Hope hoops and Conti Barron/Trail King or Maxxis DHF/Minions

They will sometimes catch with a track pump but others have to use an air shot.

Jody

Stubborn git
Tech XC. They're only a couple of years old

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Tubeless ready rather than UST. Explains problems you’re having. At the low pressures of mtn bike tyres tubeless should seal easily with just a bog standard pump you carry with you.

I bought a set of hutchinson fusion 5 performance 25mm tubeless tyres. I don't have an air compressor nor one of those fancy pumps for tubeless so I'll try with my normal track pump. I've read online that track pump should be enough. We'll see.
If it's not too soft a tyre IME of 25mm the track pump will be enough. Ive only needed a CO2 cannister occasionally tyres that are too soft. I do have an air tank now which I use for convenience but for the likes of 5000TLs it's not needed.

Top Bottom