Tubeless

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Nothing in there to snakebite.

Aah, ok.

SheilaH

Thanks for sharing

Ah you quoted my post just as I was editing to something less incendiary.

Still blx though. You cannot have a cut in a tubeless tyre. The sealant wont seal it. All that happens is the tyre deflates. If anything it is safer than a tubed as you wont get a blowout. On tubed, the inner tube starts to poke out of the cut, gets abraided by the road surface and pops. Instant blow out and cery dangerous.

What you describe as a pinhole tyre is just a worn tyre. Eventually youll notice frequent loses of pressure indicating time for a new tyre. With a tubed tyre you just get more punctures (and more inconvenience)

Ah you quoted my post just as I was editing to something less incendiary.

Still blx though. You cannot have a cut in a tubeless tyre. The sealant wont seal it. All that happens is the tyre deflates. If anything it is safer than a tubed as you wont get a blowout. On tubed, the inner tube starts to poke out of the cut, gets abraided by the road surface and pops. Instant blow out and cery dangerous.

What you describe as a pinhole tyre is just a worn tyre. Eventually youll notice frequent loses of pressure indicating time for a new tyre. With a tubed tyre you just get more punctures (and more inconvenience)

Me &You.Village Green.Bare Bellies on the lawn .8PM :boxing:
^_^
I just didn't get on with them on my Crests that's all.
I'm lucky enough not to have had any more than two punctures in my time (touch wood).
I'm in the massive minority I know,but the simplicity of a tube and better feel gets my vote.
Just my opinion mind :ohmy:
^_^

@screenman
Love the fact that you have 3 decades of biking under your belt.
What bike did you have ? .My old friend (who compteted as a speed skater in Calgary) had a Muddy Fox when they were well respected.Even back then it looked a pretty rugged piece of kit.
By todays standards it would look anorexic.

screenman

Legendary Member
@screenman
Love the fact that you have 3 decades of biking under your belt.
What bike did you have ? .My old friend (who compteted as a speed skater in Calgary) had a Muddy Fox when they were well respected.Even back then it looked a pretty rugged piece of kit.
By todays standards it would look anorexic.

I first raced bikes in 1970, I had ridden for a bit before then with a local club. Cross was my preferred style, so a mtb was a natural progression, first mtb not sure, Raliegh, Muddy Fox, Dawes, I can though remember it having a 21or more inch frame, I now ride a 16 or smaller. The only reason I do not race now is due to arthritis, does not stop me cycling though.

I first raced bikes in 1970, I had ridden for a bit before then with a local club. Cross was my preferred style, so a mtb was a natural progression, first mtb not sure, Raliegh, Muddy Fox, Dawes, I can though remember it having a 21or more inch frame, I now ride a 16 or smaller. The only reason I do not race now is due to arthritis, does not stop me cycling though.
Yeah it was MTB'ing I was thinking of,but nice one on the long race career.
And well done on still getting out despite yer sore bones :sad:

Top Bottom