Tubs deflating :-(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Christopher

Über Member
What does it say on the side of the tubs xxxmixx? I would run the things as high a pressure as tarmac and your pump permit as you are racing so never mind a soft ride - I think most track pumps only go to 160 psi wheras some tubs can be inflated to 200!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Hah this is probably true :smile:

Our TT courses are slow, pot holed to hell and generally badly surfaced, with generous piles of cow muck and gravel, a tractor or 2 plus the occasional cow parade! Riding a dual carriageway course is bliss in comparison :ohmy:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
What does it say on the side of the tubs xxxmixx? I would run the things as high a pressure as tarmac and your pump permit as you are racing so never mind a soft ride - I think most track pumps only go to 160 psi wheras some tubs can be inflated to 200!

You go faster when your gooch hasn't been smashed to bits in the 1st 5 minutes of the race!

Christopher

Über Member
You go faster when your gooch hasn't been smashed to bits in the 1st 5 minutes of the race!
I don't doubt it ^_^ ! Think I have exhausted my limited knowledge of tubs on this thread. Am impressed the OP's hubby glued them on, I had the shop do mine having seen a few rolled tubs at CX races...

OP
OP
xxmimixx

xxmimixx

I don't doubt it ^_^ ! Think I have exhausted my limited knowledge of tubs on this thread. Am impressed the OP's hubby glued them on, I had the shop do mine having seen a few rolled tubs at CX races...

He used tape not glue if it makes any difference. He did his own a few months back and he is still in once piece , but wouldnt have liked to be his guinea pig :laugh:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I used tape on mine (as do several club mates), Velox Jantex tape, they are fine! I do corner at speeds approaching stationary though, so chances of rolling a tub are near zero.

Howard

Tapes al'right. I've always used glue. And for cross I've used both on the same bond! heh.

OP
OP
xxmimixx

xxmimixx

you are making me all feel scared now that my tubs will roll :cry:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
They will be fine, seriously. I have done about 500 miles on my current taped tubs without a single moment of doubt, this mileage is racing (23 races) and warm-up only, they are well and truly stuck on!

Christopher

Über Member
you are making me all feel scared now that my tubs will roll :cry:
No no no! Yours are very unlikly to roll as they will be inflated super hard and not subject to the same twisting forces as in cyclo-cross. In 'cross, you get low pressures, heavy braking and lateral or twisting forces on the tyre that you just don't get in road racing, so tubs are a lot more likely to come off. So don't worry!

OP
OP
xxmimixx

xxmimixx

Thank you, cant wait to try them. But hubby has been a little hasty and took bike to local reputable shop yesterday re tyres and still have not heard anything. Really curious to see what they say...

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Thank you, cant wait to try them. But hubby has been a little hasty and took bike to local reputable shop yesterday re tyres and still have not heard anything. Really curious to see what they say...

If they suggest anything that costs money....... tell them no.

Top Bottom