Tuck bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

Biker man

On the one hand I agree that it's good to see someone try something new.

On the other - that's ridiculous.

I'm trying to work out what problems it thinks it's solving.

Clearly not size as there are loads of bikes that fold way smaller.

It's not going to be quicker to fold than almost anything I've seen yet. including any and all full size folders that I've seen.

It would have to be amazing to ride to worthy of contention. And while I've clearly not ridden it, I don't think it's going to be up there.

The Brompton has its problems but that wouldn't tempt me to even try it.
My memory is a bit vague but I remember someone having a commandos bike ,I sure that folded up and had regular size wheels does anyone remember them.

classic33

Leg End Member
Non folding wheels.
folding+bike.jpg

Kell

Veteran
I've had three full size folders and I don't believe my speed on those versus my Brompton was any quicker over the same routes.

A rabbit.de folder - which took less than two seconds to fold.

(not mine BTW)

5acb5972956ce91ba8af40d6.jpg

5acb5972956ce91ba8815a1d.jpg

Then a Dahon Matrix Lockjaw. This took a little longer to fold as it needed an allen (hex) key.

Dahon-Matrix-7005-Folding-Mountain-Bike.jpg
2010__fold_matrix.jpg

Then, because that snapped, a SH Matrix which was the same fold as the Rabbit...

matrix.jpg
resized-20060401152630695.jpg

All the ones I've owned (and most of those I've seen) just fold in half, so the folded package is till relatively big. Some, the handlebars also come off or twist to make it narrower.

On a smooth surface over a relatively short distance, I genuinely don't believe anyone would be much faster on a 26" wheeled bike with flat bars and a more sit-up-and-beg riding position.

However, I'm about 3-4mph quicker on my road bike on the same routes. But... over a long distance, I reckon I'd tire more quickly on the Brompton - or on an MTB for that matter compared to a sorted road bike.

Top Bottom