Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kipster

Guru
Big weekend on the bike, yesterday was supposed to be relatively easy but ended up in the fast group and they ruined me, 70 miles at 19.5mph average, I had nothing left at 67 miles and limped home while they went for the sprint finish. Today was a local charity ride, 64 miles and 5500ft, one top 100 hill @25% and many others between 10% and 18%. It was sort of a DD test ride for the gearing on the bike and my legs. My cycle computer went weird and missed the last 6 miles which was mostly fast descending, the average speed should be in the rejoin of 15 mph.

A total of 134 for the weekend and about 8300ft.

As I've said previously happy with the single devil at 95miles, although I may have to find a flatish 5 miles to round it up to the ton.

Big weekend on the bike, yesterday was supposed to be relatively easy but ended up in the fast group and they ruined me, 70 miles at 19.5mph average, I had nothing left at 67 miles and limped home while they went for the sprint finish. Today was a local charity ride, 64 miles and 5500ft, one top 100 hill @25% and many others between 10% and 18%. It was sort of a DD test ride for the gearing on the bike and my legs. My cycle computer went weird and missed the last 6 miles which was mostly fast descending, the average speed should be in the rejoin of 15 mph.

As I've said previously happy with the single devil at 95miles, although I may have to find a flatish 5 miles to round it up to the ton.
Not only miles of climb but a page full of PRs. Congratulations.

bobinski

Legendary Member

Very impressive Paul:thumbsup:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
although I may have to find a flatish 5 miles to round it up to the ton.
good luck on finding that then ! :eek:
well done on the weekend - to do all that climbing after a big effort day before is very impressive
Whorty - don't worry if they have caught you turning turtle - your not the first to be caught on film !:okay: and also well done on your efforts - you must be well chuffed with your improvements !

Screenshot_2018-05-20-09-32-05.png
Different route this year - I think the decision point is much earlier (30 ish?)
I'm starting to worry about the navigational skills of my fellow riders. I wasn't too concerned because the wayward boys weren't going to ride this year but ..... you got lost in yesterday's race?

Edit: That looks brutal!!

Last edited:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
good luck on finding that then ! :eek:
well done on the weekend - to do all that climbing after a big effort day before is very impressive
Whorty - don't worry if they have caught you turning turtle - your not the first to be caught on film !:okay: and also well done on your efforts - you must be well chuffed with your improvements !
I was just copying @bobinski ..... if falling off the bike is good enough for Bob, I figured i should give it a go too :rofl:

rob01792

Über Member
@rob01792 I rode 9 km and 200 metres of climbing less than you today and only 14 minutes faster. Your average speed was 14.6 whilst mine was 14. Like you I know the 130 would be too far, but as last year I think I'll be hanging on to your coat tails at the DD :okay: I do feel OK so could have carried on (*caveat below!) but I think for the DD my target is an ave speed of 14 mph so a moving time of 7 hours.

*caveat - todays sportive included the Gold Hill Challenge. Gold Hill is the old Hovis commercial cobbled street. Very steep (averages 21% over 200 metres). There were about 100 spectators cheering people on. I got to about 15 metres from the top, where someone was walking up. I pulled right to get round him, kind of lost my concentration, lost my balance and had an epic fail. Right foot was still clipped in and I couldn't unclip. Fans still clapping which, to be fair, wasn't much help. thankfully someone did come over in the end, picked the bike up off me and helped me unclip and I could walk up the last few metres. Then realised there was a photographer at the top :crazy: I think I may make it onto the website as the idiot who didn't know when to stop :B) Oh well, only a little blood and good fun :giggle:

well done whorty that is always 1 of my fears when I hit a steep climb is coming to a stop and being unable to unclip

Top Bottom