Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
well done whorty that is always 1 of my fears when I hit a steep climb is coming to a stop and being unable to unclip
Embarrassingly I was unclipped on my left pedal (I use SPD which are flat on one side) - I was half expecting to have to bail but for some strange reason I bailed right and not left LOL I always unclip before I get to a big climb as i struggle to unclip at the best of times, and under pressure I'd have no chance. Still, I got the sympathy cheer from the crowd as I crossed the line :thanks: Maybe I should unclip both feet in future :rolleyes:

bridgy

Legendary Member
gran fondo eleveation.jpg
Thought I would try and get conversations started - you know what I am like - a right gabbler
Went out today and look what I bumped into - and let me tell you - it’s anything but flat around folksworth! Some 150ft ers - nothing like dd but definitely not flat
That section around Folksworth is near the start - the lumpy bit at the beginning - see profile of the ride below. There is a nice long flat section after that though, so the aim should be to get over the opening hills together to enjoy some good team drafting on the flats!

bridgy

Legendary Member
Bob- is there any update on the hat front ? have you gone all aero yet ? and hows you know what holding up ? i went out the other night after moving my seat a bit to see if climbing seated would be easier - i was going great guns till a new pain went straight across the top of my knee cap - never had that before and instantly changed position as i dont want it again ! going out in a minute to see if things are back to normal
Tommy - how are your ailments doing are you keeping on top of them - does the new bike help ?
Whorty - nice new tat - but if your wifes name is debbie - you are £ucked
Add - well done on return to form and wish i was nipping at your heels on the DD if i was you i would try and hide behind kipster - a true delight to ride behind - he lets you know all whats happening without bellowing in your lug hole
Andy - just how aero are you going on the toc - are you gonna try and wheel the secret weapon around for 80 mile?
Bridgy - any changes for toc ?
Randy - getting excited yet ?
Dean - your very quiet - hope your not in intensive training and gonna turn up like an angry bruce banner
aaac - have your undercrackers untangled yet
Jim - hopefully up your way late august to take in some more of your scenery
Rob & Martyn - not seen much of you 2 yet but hopefully if we can arrange a ride between us - maybe round the cotswolds it wouldnt be too far for everybody to travel
Bill - seen even less of you ! would like to meet up once just to shake the hand of the kind gent who dragged me round bkool !
Boxers - & Del - same goes to both of you , would be good to meet up sometime

there - if i have missed anybody sorry - time to go out !!
cotswolds - eh - eh eh
No injuries to report, no last minute equipment changes or tweaking of setup either - just going to turn up with my bike and ride!

I'd like to put in some longer rides as practice/training but I just haven't had the time. I have done some quite big hills though on the mountain bike and on the road bike last week to make the most of the time I had, and feeling quite good - only 3 seconds off a PR up cheddar gorge (annoyed about that!), and knocked 2.5 minutes off a much steeper climb (once included in an epic Bkool chaingang race!).

Trying to keep as trim as possible bearing in mind I've ordered a medium size jersey :headshake:

Well done to Whorty and Kipster on your more epic rides :thumbsup:

Youngest son's football team won a playoff match on Saturday to get through to a national final which rather annoyingly is on 2nd June (I suppose it could have been worse if it was on the Sunday!). Venue looks like it's near Manchester so my plan to get over to Peterborough side of the country at a reasonable time on Saturday and maybe meet up with some of you the day before the ride may well be scuppered unfortunately - will have to see how the timings work out.

Let's hope the :sun: continues into June......

bobinski

Legendary Member
No injuries to report, no last minute equipment changes or tweaking of setup either - just going to turn up with my bike and ride!

I'd like to put in some longer rides as practice/training but I just haven't had the time. I have done some quite big hills though on the mountain bike and on the road bike last week to make the most of the time I had, and feeling quite good - only 3 seconds off a PR up cheddar gorge (annoyed about that!), and knocked 2.5 minutes off a much steeper climb (once included in an epic Bkool chaingang race!).

Trying to keep as trim as possible bearing in mind I've ordered a medium size jersey :headshake:

Well done to Whorty and Kipster on your more epic rides :thumbsup:

Youngest son's football team won a playoff match on Saturday to get through to a national final which rather annoyingly is on 2nd June (I suppose it could have been worse if it was on the Sunday!). Venue looks like it's near Manchester so my plan to get over to Peterborough side of the country at a reasonable time on Saturday and maybe meet up with some of you the day before the ride may well be scuppered unfortunately - will have to see how the timings work out.

Let's hope the :sun: continues into June......

Paul, those are very strong rides :thumbsup:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
You didn't try that on the fixie did you? AVE 16% for 200metres :laugh:
No. Don't think I'd have got as high up on the fixie :surrender:

Last edited:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
image 4270 is worth the effort Tommy ! catches the full "bob" :okay:
hope theres no battle scars on the bike Whorty , and bruises soon disappear
it does look a brutal hill so at least you have an excuse -there are worse places to do it - my last off was about 5mph sliding through cow sh1t

CXRAndy

Guru
Tommy access from laptop only takes a few seconds to scroll to image. You cant save or screen shot unless buy it first

Last edited:
Top Bottom