Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
That's got me worried about 36/29 ;)
i think that is what i used when down there , i only did the 95 so only one of the devils but the only time i wish i had more gears was up the devil
in hindsight i should have put 34 on so it was there if needed
i am up for another go at it if enough of us are interested

bobinski

Legendary Member
Last edited:
You should start by watching 'Zulu'(actually watching it now), since he's going to Wales, then 'Ivor the engine'. follows by 'last of the summer wine'. Last 'Take the high road'. Maybe a little of 'When the boat come in' to pass a little time
We got the first season of “last of the summer wine” on Netflix because my wife says I’m out of “old middle age” and into “young old age”but got lost after the first few episodes.

Add

Diet starts tomorrow
Well, despite some intense negotiations, begging and pleading, the final word from HID was “no, you said you’d have the kids this weekend so I can go to Hay Festival”.
Which I think is incredibly selfish, as I want to go and enjoy myself. So instead my sister in law has paid for me to do a sky dive on Sunday, to keep my niece company.
So looks like I will be going faster than all of you.
With regards to a future DD....I’m definitely in. I need another crack at the two Devils, but I’m not quite there enough to tackle them this year. If anyone did fancy a late summer camping come B&Bing effort this year, I’m happy to organise something that would take in the two Devils, maybe over two days? Do a 50 - 60 miler each day and do the Staircase on one and the Elbow on the other. Happy to throw something together if there are at least a few takers? Could even include a BBQ and beers.

Well, despite some intense negotiations, begging and pleading, the final word from HID was “no, you said you’d have the kids this weekend so I can go to Hay Festival”.
Which I think is incredibly selfish, as I want to go and enjoy myself. So instead my sister in law has paid for me to do a sky dive on Sunday, to keep my niece company.
So looks like I will be going faster than all of you.
With regards to a future DD....I’m definitely in. I need another crack at the two Devils, but I’m not quite there enough to tackle them this year. If anyone did fancy a late summer camping come B&Bing effort this year, I’m happy to organise something that would take in the two Devils, maybe over two days? Do a 50 - 60 miler each day and do the Staircase on one and the Elbow on the other. Happy to throw something together if there are at least a few takers? Could even include a BBQ and beers.
We need to take notes from @kipster . I'm still paying for my trip. Second coat on an outside painting job tonight after work, cut some new window trim, finish some plumbing and haul around her heavy camera stuff all weekend.

@LBHIFI .
Still a ways off but looks like good weather. Not too hot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-05-23-19-59-16.png
    Screenshot_2018-05-23-19-59-16.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 40
Top Bottom