Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
You're a happy customer :okay:
and very grateful too thank you sir

CXRAndy

Guru
I went out for a quick spin to try and loosen aching legs, seen as I've been spending more time weightlifting than cycling recently

Attachments

• 20180523_164121.jpg
    20180523_164121.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
The two devil climbs are brutal! Last year I had 34/28. But if I did it again I think I’d take a 32 on the cassette. There’s a lot of hills. And the accumulative effect means by the end you’ll probably be in the bigger gears the whole time.

I still wish I was doing it with you guys though!

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

I have ordered my Absolute-black 48/32 for the Pyrenees. Past experience in the Alps suggests I won’t actually need it but I am not getting any younger.
http://absoluteblack.cc/oval-road-chainrings-30-46-and-32-48-for-110-4bcd/

I have gone for the champagne finish for a bit of bling.
That Propel disc will be a bit Marmite but cracking review of the top end model in Cyclist to add to the other positive reviews. No Etap version in uk though. Thank god.

I’m liking those chainrings!

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

We could always organise an late summer early autumn ride to allow you all to repeat the experience and virgin me :shy: to have a go^_^

That is one ride I don’t think I’d want to do unsupported. I’m not sure some of the route is open to the public all year either but maybe I’ve got that wrong.

I there is time put on a 33t front ring

Randy if yours is a Shimano 50/34 crankset

this might do for you
https://m.ebay.com/itm/Gearoop-Road...-33T-BCD-110mm-Black-for-50-34T-/332290209519
Thanks. But Not enough time. My bike is already in the case waiting for Monday. I better get in better shape over the next 4 weeks.

CXRAndy

Guru
Looks fairly straightforward but I will probably get lbs to do. Online videos do suggest super easy. I have Tommy’s dodgy chain to put on- cassette has done less than 1000miles

Crank out(sometimes you can do whilst crank stays fitted), undo rings, refit new rings. You might need to trim front derailleur height and end stops. slight difference in ring widths. It's all straight forward just needs a little patience, methodical.

rob01792

Über Member
That is one ride I don’t think I’d want to do unsupported. I’m not sure some of the route is open to the public all year either but maybe I’ve got that wrong.

that what they made us think but it is open I think they only needed permission for the military rd as it was an organised event
there a few shops and café where we could fill up with water and jelly babies

rob01792

Über Member
I have ordered my Absolute-black 48/32 for the Pyrenees. Past experience in the Alps suggests I won’t actually need it but I am not getting any younger.
http://absoluteblack.cc/oval-road-chainrings-30-46-and-32-48-for-110-4bcd/

I have gone for the champagne finish for a bit of bling.
That Propel disc will be a bit Marmite but cracking review of the top end model in Cyclist to add to the other positive reviews. No Etap version in uk though. Thank god.

I looked at the black and green disc di2 1 very clean looking with the internal routing

Top Bottom