Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
View attachment 376176 Boxers! We are not playing hockey!^_^Perfect length;
Blimey Bob, I feel ashamed of the lack of effort I'm putting in to my clothing whilst on the turbo trainer now! By contrast I am currently bkooling in my old mountain bike shoes (pedals put on the new bike and only had spare mtb pedals knocking around) and any old sport socks I could find :blush:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Blimey Bob, I feel ashamed of the lack of effort I'm putting in to my clothing whilst on the turbo trainer now! By contrast I am currently bkooling in my old mountain bike shoes (pedals put on the new bike and only had spare mtb pedals knocking around) and any old sport socks I could find :blush:

Paul, now I have a neo and I am on Zwift I felt the need to up my game. I have turned into a Turbo Tart :blush:^_^

kipster

Guru
I use mtb pedals and shoes on the turbo as well.

bobinski

Legendary Member
And a bit more info

Day 1: Fly Gatwick-Toulouse 8am Friday 29th June. Transfer to very beautiful St Bertrand de Comminges for great lunch, followed by up and over the Port de Bales to accommodation in Bagneres de Luchon.

Days 2-4: Any of the following famous tour Cols & climbs - Peyresourde, Tourmalet, Portillon, Superbagneres, Hourquette d'Ancizan, Aspin, Azet. Or simply stay in the lovely Spa town of Luchon for the day, or come out on tour in the van.

Day 5: Back to St Bertrand, or swimming lake, via the Col de Menté and Col des Ares and/or the nice flat valley bottom traffic-free cycle route. Transfer to Toulouse and evening flight!

Up to 10,000m of climbing available over 5 days! There is little or no flat riding, less so than Provence, but there are a few shorter day options, such as the Col du Portillon.

Price of £750, excludes flights, but includes bag & bike transfers from & to UK, airport transfers, dinner B&B, and of course full ride support from yours truly. Transfers to distant ride starts will require additional hire of the second vehicle at around 100 euros, but you'd probably only need this twice. The rest is riding from the door.

Accommodation is the very lovely Free Range Chalet. See http://thefreerangechalet.com/ in the heart of Luchon. 200m to the spa and 400m to lovely, big, open air, public swimming pool in the park.

Any other info required, let me know, A

bridgy

Legendary Member
The guy from Akuma jerseys (it's their designs we've mostly been using) has just called me to confirm pricing etc.

There "Club" level jersey is £48 for 1/4 zip, and £51 for full zip - plus £3.60 if a concealed zip pocket is included. Delivery is £12 (obviously would then need to be further distributed by whoever takes delivery). I think this is the same jersey Bob has for his Zsun Zwift team.

Minimum order is just 5 initially, and after that additional jerseys in that design can be ordered with no minimum order number. Price includes addition of logo/name.

Screenshot_20171002-111652.jpg

Breedon

Legendary Member
And a bit more info

Day 1: Fly Gatwick-Toulouse 8am Friday 29th June. Transfer to very beautiful St Bertrand de Comminges for great lunch, followed by up and over the Port de Bales to accommodation in Bagneres de Luchon.

Days 2-4: Any of the following famous tour Cols & climbs - Peyresourde, Tourmalet, Portillon, Superbagneres, Hourquette d'Ancizan, Aspin, Azet. Or simply stay in the lovely Spa town of Luchon for the day, or come out on tour in the van.

Day 5: Back to St Bertrand, or swimming lake, via the Col de Menté and Col des Ares and/or the nice flat valley bottom traffic-free cycle route. Transfer to Toulouse and evening flight!

Up to 10,000m of climbing available over 5 days! There is little or no flat riding, less so than Provence, but there are a few shorter day options, such as the Col du Portillon.

Price of £750, excludes flights, but includes bag & bike transfers from & to UK, airport transfers, dinner B&B, and of course full ride support from yours truly. Transfers to distant ride starts will require additional hire of the second vehicle at around 100 euros, but you'd probably only need this twice. The rest is riding from the door.

Accommodation is the very lovely Free Range Chalet. See http://thefreerangechalet.com/ in the heart of Luchon. 200m to the spa and 400m to lovely, big, open air, public swimming pool in the park.

Any other info required, let me know, A
:hyper:
Mine and Lee's flights were booked last week, I'll get the deposit to Angus this week or next 10,000 Mtrs of climbing (goes off to convert to feet)

bobinski

Legendary Member
Yep, that’s a lot of climbing!

Stuck at court so have been looking at the climbs and getting very excited too:hyper:

Fact there is a spa is icing on the cake^_^

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I'm really looking forward
:hyper:
Mine and Lee's flights were booked last week, I'll get the deposit to Angus this week or next 10,000 Mtrs of climbing (goes off to convert to feet)

I'm really looking forward to it! Talk about the ultimate motivator for the winter! Very much a personal battle this one I think. Bridgy, Andy, do what you've got to do to get on that plane with us!!

Top Bottom