Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
At the moment it looks like we have filled 9 of 12 possible chalet places. I am a little worried there others will fill soon but would help me Andy and bridgy and anyone else if you could say when you will know either way. Problem is chalet will only hold place for so long. So let me know.

bridgy

Legendary Member
At the moment it looks like we have filled 9 of 12 possible chalet places. I am a little worried there others will fill soon but would help me Andy and bridgy and anyone else if you could say when you will know either way. Problem is chalet will only hold place for so long. So let me know.
I would really love to come Bob, but I don't think I will get away with it next year unfortunately. If I can find a way I will obviously say but don't hold a place back for me and I know I'll be taking a chance that the remaining places will go :cry:

CXRAndy

Guru
See here Bob, like climbing but it will be a social event the way I climb. Evening Banter :smile:.

Don't hold space unless I confirm

berty bassett

Legendary Member
can i just say thanks Andy for the iow vid - it has brought back memories
and as much as i moaned about the needles when going up - i am glad we done it - even though the sea was on the wrong side !
hope Bob has recovered from sniper fire - didnt realise the traffic stopped !
looking back on the traffic , it does seem like there was some real generous drivers pass us - only a couple of silly billys

kipster

Guru
can i just say thanks Andy for the iow vid - it has brought back memories
and as much as i moaned about the needles when going up - i am glad we done it - even though the sea was on the wrong side !
hope Bob has recovered from sniper fire - didnt realise the traffic stopped !
looking back on the traffic , it does seem like there was some real generous drivers pass us - only a couple of silly billys
Likewise, thanks Andy, brings back the memories, glorious weather.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Andy and bridgy, I I’ll ask Angus to tell chalet we have 2-3 other s interested and to hold the rooms for a few weeks at least. And then if you still cannot say either way for them to tell us if and when others are enquiringly about the rooms. Hopefully by then you will know either way and....will be coming:okay:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Andy and bridgy, I I’ll ask Angus to tell chalet we have 2-3 other s interested and to hold the rooms for a few weeks at least. And then if you still cannot say either way for them to tell us if and when others are enquiringly about the rooms. Hopefully by then you will know either way and....will be coming:okay:
Thanks Bob - I will see if I can find a way....

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Andy, It’s all about the banter. I might even fall off for you again:okay:

How did you fall off Bob? Clip the curb?

Agreed about the banter. I love competition but it's mostly vs myself. Definitely not going to try and race up a mountain against the goats!

It's just going to be a dream to ride some of those routes. And the planning seems excellent.

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

It's a very funny shot. It looks like you fell over sideways and looked round with the slow realisation that you'd be captured by the only bugger with the GoPro rolling! :laugh:

Speaking of the GoPro the footage is really impressive to my un educated eye. Much more smooth than I'd expected along rougher roads. And that glorious deep swoosh of Andy's wheels, is far better than any accompanying music would have been! I reckon if I put that on loop and played it, I'd sleep like a baby every night of the week.

CXRAndy

Guru
Its the smallest Gopro, Hero5 Session, it has no viewfinder only a tiny LCD screen and 2 buttons. It record in 4K but you dont get image stabilisation in that setting, so I set it to 1080p for smoother video over bumps. The internal battery will last 2hrs maybe but with a 5000mAh battery back I got the whole ride. The memory card filled up on the way back to Brockenhurst, 132Gb, so at least 8hrs at 1080p.

There is a new Hero 6 with 4K and image stabilisation, the file sizes are going to be huge, but great quality :smile: They will need to make 512Gb or 1Tb micro memory cards soon

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Its the smallest Gopro, Hero5 Session, it has no viewfinder only a tiny LCD screen and 2 buttons. It record in 4K but you dont get image stabilisation in that setting, so I set it to 1080p for smoother video over bumps. The internal battery will last 2hrs maybe but with a 5000mAh battery back I got the whole ride. The memory card filled up on the way back to Brockenhurst, 132Gb, so at least 8hrs at 1080p.

There is a new Hero 6 with 4K and image stabilisation, the file sizes are going to be huge, but great quality :smile: They will need to make 512Gb or 1Tb micro memory cards soon

Ah that's the one I sort of zero'd in on. I can see why you chose it. Looks like a very nice bit of kit. And only 72 grams apparently!

I'm not sure I'd use it often enough to justify having it myself to be honest though so I'd better stop looking at them!

Top Bottom