Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I am in Middlesbrough now getting train to York and everyone is so so friendly :smile:

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Depends who's chasing you.... :okay:

View attachment 414883

What a brilliant picture. I can feel the suffering from here!

In a rather strange turn of events the missus didn’t put up any resistance to me doing the DD. But I’ve decided against it. I’m not entirely sure if she’s played some type of cunning mind trickery on my simple brain. But her saying she doesn’t mind me doing the ride has made me realise I’m better spending this weekend with my family seeing as I’m off the weekend after too.

Next year is all I can say. And hopefully many more rides together too! I’m sure not having to listen to me talk sh!te non stop will only improve your weekend anyways ^_^

bobinski

Legendary Member
What a brilliant picture. I can feel the suffering from here!

In a rather strange turn of events the missus didn’t put up any resistance to me doing the DD. But I’ve decided against it. I’m not entirely sure if she’s played some type of cunning mind trickery on my simple brain. But her saying she doesn’t mind me doing the ride has made me realise I’m better spending this weekend with my family seeing as I’m off the weekend after too.

Next year is all I can say. And hopefully many more rides together too! I’m sure not having to listen to me talk sh!te non stop will only improve your weekend anyways ^_^

Good, though difficult, call there Tommy not least because you ( anyone really) would have struggled to recover in time for the Pyrenees.
Save your sh!te for then:okay:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
booo !

berty bassett

Legendary Member
serious question boys - after the last "Bob " i mullered the front shifter and rear mech on a campag 10 speed - now i have been looking at replacing like for like and i have found with some of the deals that are out there i can get 11 speed bits for nearly the same price - now i know i would have to get new chain ( no bad thing - and also a 11sp cassette again no bad idea ) question is - would all the parts play nice together - athena levers - centaur rear mech ? -- maybe aimed more at @kipster as i know he likes his campag
not that bothered what it looks like just as long as its smooth running

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Lee are you able to drop cadence a little on FTP test so as try slow HR from peaking too early? It needs a little extra leg strength
i think i know the problem - and its all to do with my head - done it on the jungle route - i think if i try in going up the mountain it would seem different - just feels so wrong going downhill trying so hard - if i go up the mountain i can and have just stood up for 40 mins or more just plodding along
i think also it would be a little easier if you had a goal like on trainer road - a little line to reach . Never have liked these tests and the heat just got to me
i will try it again before we go away - but not tomorrow - i have a little wake up call for the legs - theres a hilly 40 just screaming to be done !

CXRAndy

Guru
Lee are you changing both levers and rear mechanism? I would ask/check with a campag specific person for compatible match. Some Shimano shifters in earlier version had different pull ratios. I know MTB wouldnt work road because of this issue. That's why I like Di2. Does away with these issues mostly

CXRAndy

Guru
i think i know the problem - and its all to do with my head - done it on the jungle route - i think if i try in going up the mountain it would seem different - just feels so wrong going downhill trying so hard - if i go up the mountain i can and have just stood up for 40 mins or more just plodding along
i think also it would be a little easier if you had a goal like on trainer road - a little line to reach . Never have liked these tests and the heat just got to me
i will try it again before we go away - but not tomorrow - i have a little wake up call for the legs - theres a hilly 40 just screaming to be done !

You need a steady incline to do FTP or TR

Top Bottom