Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru

peterob

Veteran
Well - we successfully completed the charity London to Paris charity office cycle ride this weekend that I organised. I'm pretty chuffed that I and a dozen (previously) non-cycling colleagues all got there safely with minimal faff and drama, raising ~25K in the process ^_^

Following the elation of that and the buzz in the office this morning, I'd like to strike whilst the iron's hot and look to organise something for next year. Do any of you have any good idea's for a good cycling challenge? - a few hundred miles or so, non-mountainous (so it doesn't put people off from the start), UK/Europe?

CXRAndy

Guru
Well - we successfully completed the charity London to Paris charity office cycle ride this weekend that I organised. I'm pretty chuffed that I and a dozen (previously) non-cycling colleagues all got there safely with minimal faff and drama, raising ~25K in the process ^_^

Following the elation of that and the buzz in the office this morning, I'd like to strike whilst the iron's hot and look to organise something for next year. Do any of you have any good idea's for a good cycling challenge? - a few hundred miles or so, non-mountainous (so it doesn't put people off from the start), UK/Europe?

C2C

Well done btw, a real sense of achievement herding these non cycling people across the country:okay:

peterob

Veteran
Obligatory bike lift pic....

BikeLift.JPG

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I think I'm in lust :wub:

unnamed-3-e1530974368539.jpg

Bianchi Aria e-road

I went to the LBS today to look at one of these (where's the drooling emoji when you need it). Glorious looking bike. Almost couldn't tell the difference between it and the non electric Aria :blink:.

One problem. Very racy geometry. I don't think I'll be able to bend myself to fit it for a while :cry:

Last edited:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
@theboxers Did you say you were coming to Tour of Cambridge '19 ?
:thumbsup: :hyper: I've managed to press gang 2 of my brothers as well :blink::blink:. My plan is to do the full route, them I'm not too sure :bicycle::bicycle:. I'm badgering them to do some of the bkool/zwift/BRVR sessions and at some point do a Newhaven to Littlehampton in prep for the ToC 19.

I'm looking forward to it :hyper:

Top Bottom