Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member

We didn’t mean to ride it Kip having sorted a a picturesque ride on gravel but we were turned back because they were blasting. So, somewhat laden down with a days food, lights or the tunnels, cameras and extra gear and tools coz unsupported we thought , what the heck let’s do it! Did I tell you it’s the ONLY way back to our chalet? Who books a chalet at the top of a mountain???:rolleyes:

Lee bombed off, Tommy in pursuit whereas the rest settled into a rhythm. Kip went too hard and overheated and had to stop to shed cold weather gear. The temp rose quickly under a clear blue sky and I was questioning my decision to wear a base layer. Adam was great company recognising I couldn’t talk because I was trying to breath^_^ and between us we managed to keep a steady pace without stopping cresting in exactly the same time:hugs: 1h 14.35 is just sneaky under the 1h 15 I hoped for. Lee and Tommy set a great time but were slow to take our photo as we crossed the line so have to do it again...the Alp that is:okay:

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
FE246CF1-6A3D-4026-B382-5922EF9E9A3E.png

Unless someone does an attempt in the next hour, there’s 4 cyclechatters in the top 10 for alpe d’duez today. Admittedly there was only 30 odd strava attempts, but I think we’ll take it!

It’s a bit harsh that I’m slightly ahead of lee. We started and finished side by side and there’s no way I go that pace without him.

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Problem is I am out on a leaving drink up in about 2 hours so will not be able to properly ride it until tomorrow.

New bike day... the best day of the week!:thumbsup:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
View attachment 432033

Unless someone does an attempt in the next hour, there’s 4 cyclechatters in the top 10 for alpe d’duez today. Admittedly there was only 30 odd strava attempts, but I think we’ll take it!

It’s a bit harsh that I’m slightly ahead of lee. We started and finished side by side and there’s no way I go that pace without him.
Yet again strava favours the taller person ! :laugh: Must be something to do with him higher altitude

Top Bottom