Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I won’t have built up the power and endurance to get near my performances last year and I doubt that would be enough to qualify. If I thought I could I would be throwing money at an aero bike to help that little bit. Shame because I would go to Poznan. Like Tommy says, I would not care if I came last. Competing and dragging the family there will be enough. So I am likely to take the option of the Sportive.

Last edited:
Double Devil paranoia purchase.

After seeing how steep the climbs are I started fretting about the too slow to unclip / too steep to pedal fall. So I bought these one side clipped one side flat.

Attachments

• IMG_20190414_134455.jpg
    IMG_20190414_134455.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 16

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

After seeing how steep the climbs are I started fretting about the too slow to unclip / too steep to pedal fall. So I bought these one side clipped one side flat.
I have the same for that very problem. I unclip left foot before I reach a steep climb, just in case. I've really only relatively recently started to use clipped so I do have a tendency to forget to unclip otherwise :banghead:

LBHIFI

Veteran
I think only you, Bob ans Lars are signed up to the qualifying race ... the rest of us are signed up to the sportive. I think this is right .... a change to last year where it was the same race?
I just checked - I'm signed up for the TT and the sportive. I thought the TT would be out of the question, but I have been making some progress after hitting rock bottom. There's a route here around a big lake, which is very similar to the ToC TT route. I will be a bit wiser after having done some TT tests there.

CXRAndy

Guru

I have the same for that very problem. I unclip left foot before I reach a steep climb, just in case. I've really only relatively recently started to use clipped so I do have a tendency to forget to unclip otherwise :banghead:

Its not that steep-honest ;) :whistle:

Norry1

Legendary Member
I won’t have built up the power and endurance to get near my performances last year and I doubt that would be enough to qualify. If I thought I could I would be throwing money at an aero bike to help that little bit. Shame because I would go to Poznan. Like Tommy says, I would care if I came last. Competing and dragging the family there will be enough. So I am likely to take the option of the Sportive.

That is a shame Bob.

As I said, I expect my question will be theoretical as I doubt I'll qualify. As I recall, last year I was 2 and a half minutes off the qualifying time for the 55-60 group. I am fairly confident that I could make that time up this year, as my power is up, my weight is down and I have a (hopefully) faster bike. However I expect qualifying to be much harder this year because it is now the top 25% of 100 racers and 100 Gran Fondo riders. I.e. must come in top 50 times. So whilst it is unlikely, I have kept the Poznan weekend clear just on the off chance.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Just realised I don't think I've actually registered for the DD yet. I can't cope with reading through hundreds of pages of this thread so can you guys remind me - who's going this year, and what have people signed up to - the full 130 mile DD or the shorter 95 mile "single Devil" route?

I'm happy to do either - would prefer to ride with others this year as I did the long one last year mostly on my own. So I'm happy to do the long one again if a few of us are up for it, but if not I'll do the shorter one and ride with a group of you

Just realised I don't think I've actually registered for the DD yet. I can't cope with reading through hundreds of pages of this thread so can you guys remind me - who's going this year, and what have people signed up to - the full 130 mile DD or the shorter 95 mile "single Devil" route?

I'm happy to do either - would prefer to ride with others this year as I did the long one last year mostly on my own. So I'm happy to do the long one again if a few of us are up for it, but if not I'll do the shorter one and ride with a group of you
I'm signed up for the 95. But as you know am at a level lower of riding ability. I'm there for the food and company. There was even something on a Facebook page about a 60 mile route that I would switch to if it is available. Much like the Vello Mellow ride at ToC.
The rest of you should do the 130 or with Dean and Tommy the 160.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I'm signed up for the 95. But as you know am at a level lower of riding ability. I'm there for the food and company. There was even something on a Facebook page about a 60 mile route that I would switch to if it is available. Much like the Vello Mellow ride at ToC.
The rest of you should do the 130 or with Dean and Tommy the 160.
Thanks Randy. So @berty bassett and @TurboTommy are you doing the full 130 miler?

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Thanks Randy. So @berty bassett and @TurboTommy are you doing the full 130 miler?

I think so mate. It just feels unavoidable... I’ve done very little long riding this year so it’s probably not very smart. But lee’s put some miles in. Adam too. So if you guys all go 130 I’ll find it hard to say no. Alternatively if everyone decided to do the shorter ride it would probably be a relief!

bridgy

Legendary Member
I think so mate. It just feels unavoidable... I’ve done very little long riding this year so it’s probably not very smart. But lee’s put some miles in. Adam too. So if you guys all go 130 I’ll find it hard to say no. Alternatively if everyone decided to do the shorter ride it would probably be a relief!
Well I feel pretty much the same as this! I've done the longer version twice now on two different routes so I've got it out of my system now! And I'd prefer to be sociable this time so will go with the flow - happy to do attempt long route if a few of us are up for it but also don't mind doing the short route.

I haven't had a chance to do any long rides to train for it either so we'll be in the same boat there!

Top Bottom