Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Bit of a mixed bag today.

Chugging along with the whippet

79F3B916-102A-4D5A-B786-1AC07D19D620.jpeg

Enjoying the veiws from the summit

50B0736C-25E2-4727-8B8A-A3BF1BD65499.jpeg

Getting my X-Ray results at the hospital after coming off on the decent

6671B83F-5C13-4332-8FAC-EA982C1611AF.jpeg

Fractured one bone in my wrist and one in my hand.

On a positive note the bike’s got a clean bill of health. And I did manage to get my meal in Italy before my lift arrived :smile:.

And yet again Lee shows me what a good friend I have.
B3DE866B-F70B-4EAB-819F-82B081CB529D.jpeg

(That’s him cutting up my steak for me) :hugs:

See you in a couple of months fellas.

Th

View attachment 473666

View attachment 473667

View attachment 473668

On a positive note the bike’s got a clean bill of health. And I did manage to get my meal in Italy before my lift arrived :smile:.

And yet again Lee shows me what a good friend I have. View attachment 473673

That’s terrible. Hope you have a speedy recovery. And it looks like your right hand too.

CXRAndy

Guru
Glad it was only a small-ish injury

Has your riding been cut short Tommy? How did this happen? Where?

Are you in isolation in Italy?^_^

Edit- you've lost your thumb :ohmy:

or you're a four toe sloth :biggrin:

Last edited:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Not good @TurboTommy . Glad the bikes OK :okay: Your hand will heal, but you don't want a cracked frame :headshake:

GWS mate. Guess you'll have to ride in the virtual world until your hand is strong enough to get back outside?

bobinski

Legendary Member
Deep down I think I always knew this was some kind of weird grooming site :eek:

What happens in Bourg stays in Bourg:okay:

bridgy

Legendary Member

View attachment 473666

View attachment 473667

View attachment 473668

And yet again Lee shows me what a good friend I have. View attachment 473673

Nightmare! So what happened exactly? I've just looked at your ride on Strava and it looks like you'd only just started descending - and that you came off at about 30mph - ouch!! Any other injuries as well as the wrist/hand? I imagine you're a bit bruised up aren't you?

On a slightly more positive note, when you get back, riding on Zwift is of course the perfect way to keep in shape while your wrist and hand heal - just ask Mat Hayman :whistle:

CXRAndy

Guru
Nightmare! So what happened exactly? I've just looked at your ride on Strava and it looks like you'd only just started descending - and that you came off at about 30mph - ouch!! Any other injuries as well as the wrist/hand? I imagine you're a bit bruised up aren't you?

On a slightly more positive note, when you get back, riding on Zwift is of course the perfect way to keep in shape while your wrist and hand heal - just ask Mat Hayman :whistle:

Picturesque part of the world Tommy will elaborate

https://goo.gl/maps/jYFzen2wLMYiKSHB6

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

My initial thought was I must of been going 30mph plus before I tried to take the corner. Looking back there was a chain of events that led to it. But long story short I was carrying way too much speed going into the corner. I tried to overcompensate by grabbing a fistful of rear break and then the rear wheel locked up. I started going sideways and got flung forward to the floor. I’ve got bashed up a bit on all the contact points on my right hand side. Foot, knee, hip, shoulder, and wrist of course. Smacked my head off the floor too but the crash helmet took the brunt of that! I went down so quick I didn’t get that everything happening in slow motion thing. I just smacked into the ground.

It was nasty really. Not so much in the resulting damage but just in that if I saw that happening to someone else I’d assume it was going to be a lot worse than what I came away with if that makes sense.

So I’ll take it to be honest. I’ve been training for this trip for a while, felt I was in good shape by my standards, and I’m gutted because I love climbing the hills with Lee. It’s also put a bit of a dampener on things for him too which I feel bad about. But I just have to say to myself how lucky I am I didn’t come away from it worse when it was totally self inflicted.

But yes. Clip on aero bars are on order in preparation for a lot of Zwift in my near future...^_^

Top Bottom