Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
You’re just playing the long game and gonna wait for old age to knobble me
Don’t forget it’s a dodgy game your playing breaking bits off to lose weight

Mountains ain’t going anywhere - we will be back - and where’s my tea ?

^_^

Got distracted writing out my sob story. Give me five mins.

bridgy

Legendary Member
My initial thought was I must of been going 30mph plus before I tried to take the corner. Looking back there was a chain of events that led to it. But long story short I was carrying way too much speed going into the corner. I tried to overcompensate by grabbing a fistful of rear break and then the rear wheel locked up. I started going sideways and got flung forward to the floor. I’ve got bashed up a bit on all the contact points on my right hand side. Foot, knee, hip, shoulder, and wrist of course. Smacked my head off the floor too but the crash helmet took the brunt of that! I went down so quick I didn’t get that everything happening in slow motion thing. I just smacked into the ground.

It was nasty really. Not so much in the resulting damage but just in that if I saw that happening to someone else I’d assume it was going to be a lot worse than what I came away with if that makes sense.

So I’ll take it to be honest. I’ve been training for this trip for a while, felt I was in good shape by my standards, and I’m gutted because I love climbing the hills with Lee. It’s also put a bit of a dampener on things for him too which I feel bad about. But I just have to say to myself how lucky I am I didn’t come away from it worse when it was totally self inflicted.

But yes. Clip on aero bars are on order in preparation for a lot of Zwift in my near future...^_^
As Andy says - GWS. Glad it wasn't any worse for you than it was. Also glad the bike is OK :okay:

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Not good @TurboTommy . Glad the bikes OK :okay: Your hand will heal, but you don't want a cracked frame :headshake:

GWS mate. Guess you'll have to ride in the virtual world until your hand is strong enough to get back outside?

Glad you're okay mate.

Sorry to hear about your crash @TurboTommy

Glad the injuries aren't too bad.

Hope you heal quickly and you're back on the bike soon.

Thanks guys :smile:

Yes @Whorty it’s the turbo for me now. Might have to join you for some of your long ones.

Times like this makes me wonder if I was too harsh when handing out low excuse scores on other people....

What you reckon Del? I think you should do the honours ^_^

2/10?

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Times like this makes me wonder if I was too harsh when handing out low excuse scores on other people....

2/10?
FFS, G Rode the tour for 3 weeks with a fractured pelvis MTFU!!

GWS mate

Del C

Veteran

Yes @Whorty it’s the turbo for me now. Might have to join you for some of your long ones.

2/10?

FFS, G Rode the tour for 3 weeks with a fractured pelvis MTFU!!

GWS mate

:laugh::laugh:

I've tried.......... but I just can't beat this!

Top Bottom