Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
I thought its where you get your clothes washed :biggrin:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
:cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

I'm off the bike for the foreseeable future. My back is not healing up and I've now got numb foot problems, when walking or riding, along side the calf issues (We, the physio and myself feel this is back centred not muscle).

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Stretches and flexibility exercises are order of the day :huh:

:cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

I'm off the bike for the foreseeable future. My back is not healing up and I've now got numb foot problems, when walking or riding, along side the calf issues (We, the physio and myself feel this is back centred not muscle).

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Stretches and flexibility exercises are order of the day :huh:
That sucks. Hope you recover and get back on the path you were on of becoming a strong rider.

Last edited:

theboxers

That sucks. Hope you recover and get back on the path you were on of becoming a strong rider.
Discussing the origin of this with the Physio and we think it will not have been helped by the water/isotonic situation on the ToC ride. I made the mistake of not grabbing 2 or 3 bottles at the first available point on the 100 miler after the initial split for the first loop at about 25 miles or so.

When I got to the First PitStop at 45 miles and they had no water, it went down hill from there. I did the first 50 miles or so with 2 750ml bottles that were empty by the time of the first pit stop. What I got after that was too little too late. I played catch up after that and never quite got it right.

Still lesson learned. Will not make that same mistake :dry:

My youngest made a prediction as they were climbing the final hill

“I think the guy on the motorbike is going to win”

Now that would be a spoiler!

@theboxers
That would be the Boxers. No wonder his back is hurting.

@Norry1 .

Norry,

Here is some unsolicited advice from one of the few areas where I seem to have an advantage over you.

While on a vacation with the bike and really enjoying it, never let the wife know how much fun you're having. Play up how the hard the rides are. Sure, post those incredible pictures of the beautiful scenery but posting the menu was a bad move. It made me envious and if the wife was home with whatever the UK version of a microwave hotdog is, it would be bad.

theboxers

Feck, feckety, feck feck..

Being referred to the GP by the Physio as the treatments are not working and the symptoms are getting worse in some aspects.

Osteopath tomorrow. GP when I can get an appointment.

No bike or long walking. She has said swimming should be ok, but don't start yoga for the time being until we know more.

Hurry up and wait again. :cursing::cry::cursing::cry::banghead::banghead::cry::cursing:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Feck, feckety, feck feck..

Being referred to the GP by the Physio as the treatments are not working and the symptoms are getting worse in some aspects.

Osteopath tomorrow. GP when I can get an appointment.

No bike or long walking. She has said swimming should be ok, but don't start yoga for the time being until we know more.

Hurry up and wait again. :cursing::cry::cursing::cry::banghead::banghead::cry::cursing:
That’s not good sir , hope they find the source and you can get back in the saddle - gws

I don’t know where but yesterday I saw a quote that said “you’re a bike ride away from a good mood”
I apologize if it was here I read it.
So true.
But for @bridgy and @theboxers keep in mind that the best way to compensate for not riding will be coffee and cigarettes. Don’t worry it’s easy to quit once you’re back ready to ride.

Last edited:

theboxers

I don’t know where but yesterday I saw a quote that said “you’re a bike ride away from a good mood”
I apologize if it was here I read it.
So true.
But for @bridgy and @theboxers keep in mind that the best way to compensate for not riding will be coffee and cigarettes. Don’t worry it’s easy to quit once your back ready to ride.
Coffee and cigarettes are what started me on my latest odyssey with bikes. I gave up smoking 5 years ago last month.

It hasn't saved me any money. What wasn't spent on cigarettes was spent on bikes and bike related equipment, apparel and stuff. :ohmy::laugh:

Screenshot_2019-07-18-05-45-17.png View attachment 475990 @LBHIFI .
The ride up the mountain shows some steep slopes.

Top Bottom