Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Boys and girls
Keep an eye out for an important post from TT tomorrow.
My lips are uncharacteristically, sealed .

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
So.... to mont ventoux!

It should be brilliant. Honestly I don’t think I need to sell this one too much. Epic event and one for the very top of the cycling bucket list. And it’ll be a great laugh being in the group too. It’s just something to look forward to for the next 12 months!

I’ve found a place that looks very good. And the date they have available which I’ve pencilled in is 2nd of July to the 6th of July 2020 (that’s thurssday to Monday). We could debate going for longer. But I think for now let’s get numbers down, let’s get a deposit down, and once we have the place secured we can iron out the finer points. I say that because the place I’m Looking at is basically the most highly recommended accommodation around ventoux. And it’s filling up quick. Worst case we find somewhere else. But I think this place is ticking all the boxes.

This is the place: https://www.veloventoux.com/

Tell me what you guys think, read reviews etc. Note they also hire bikes out if you don’t want to bring your own. Prices and bikes available are on their webpage.

The price they have quoted me is £460 per person on the premise we share rooms two a room. That also includes transfers from Marseille airport and everything else listed below. There is the potential to get your own room by paying abit more, but that may depend on how many of us sign up.

• Bed and cyclist's breakfast
  • Return transfer from Marseille airport
  • Guided rides everyday
  • Post ride afternoon snack
  • GPX files for your GPS device
  • Maps and routes for non guided rides
  • Emergency call-out
  • Kit washing facilities
  • Lounge with TV and DVD player
  • Free wifi connection
  • Local knowledge and advice
  • Safe bike storage
  • Tools, track pumps and workshop facilities
  • Mechanical assistance
  • Bike cleaning equipment
  • Co2 Cartridges on sale or return basis
On top of that list they also off full ride support with lunch etc for extra cost. But we can discuss that later. They also offer evening meals at an extra cost. But there are numerous local places to eat. We can discuss that later too!

Basically right now we just need to get this place locked down. They do have other dates available as of last week when I spoke to them. They had 9th July and 16th for example. But I’d really suggest 2nd July is best for us in terms of riding temperatures.

Once I have 8 people I’ll tell them we want the place. It’s also worth noting that I think this place can cater for 12 maybe 14? (I’m Not 100% on that). So If more than that want to join I’ll keep looking for something else. But to secure your spot it’ll help if you can commit early.

Very long post... hope I’ve not forgotten anything. I probably have... :rolleyes:

Let me know if you fancy it

So far I think we have:

Bridgy
Rich
Bob
Lee
Adam
Myself

I’d love to add many more to that list :hugs:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I can’t comment on ventoux as I have never been. All I can say is that the other mountains we have all met on have been brilliant , the company , the laughs and the scenery has been breath taking . To anyone who has never been away with the cc lot and worried about it - You have never met a bigger worrier than me , and I love it ! It’s never treated as a race , ok , we split up as we ride at our own speeds but no one is ever alone and someone is always looking out for someone else , i have made many ( oh so many )bad mistakes in my life - but i am so pleased that i took the plunge and tagged along on some of these mountains

bobinski

Legendary Member
To echo Tommy, this is an excellent base for some of the most beautiful riding you will ever get to do along with the awesome challenge of Ventoux itself. For me at least, nothing can beat the view as you make the second turn after chalet Reynard when Ventoux slides into view, teasing and a little terrifying in equal measure.
It would be great to climb it with as many of you as possible.

bobinski

Legendary Member
See if you can spot Ventoux :smile:
upload_2019-7-30_10-45-7.jpeg

Add

Diet starts tomorrow
I went to Alpe d’Huez with these guys last year! Loved it, and TurboTommy, contrary to what you all think, is actually alright.
It was just great, and thankyou Tommy for doing all the donkey work on yet another fantastic sounding trip, I’m a definite!

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I went to Alpe d’Huez with these guys last year! Loved it, and TurboTommy, contrary to what you all think, is actually alright.
It was just great, and thankyou Tommy for doing all the donkey work on yet another fantastic sounding trip, I’m a definite!

^_^

Thanks for that resounding character reference mate.

On a completely unrelated note... Andrew is back on board and has requested you both share the smallest available room together. Here’s hoping he can beat his own record for number of toilet visits in a single night. 28 wasn’t it?!

Del C

Veteran
I'd like to join you!

I've ridden Ventoux before from the Malaucene side.

I've got mixed memories of it. I'd gone with 2 friends to ride the Cingles, but I got stomach cramps overnight that continued to affect me the next day. I set out to see what I could do and completed the Malaucene climb and the descent to Bedoin. I got about 7kms up the 2nd ascent when I just blew out and couldn't continue.

Even so, I had to go back down to Bedoin and ride home round the side of the mountain, which still take you up to nearly 500m. I was a bit wrecked when I got home.

It looked like there was some good cycling country around Ventoux, so I'm not bothered if I do the Cingles or not, as long as I can get to see more of the area then we managed last time.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
^_^

Thanks for that resounding character reference mate.

On a completely unrelated note... Andrew is back on board and has requested you both share the smallest available room together. Here’s hoping he can beat his own record for number of toilet visits in a single night. 28 wasn’t it?!
I have messaged him a personal invite with unlimited tea if he comes

Add

Diet starts tomorrow
After all the positive comments I’m receiving about my glowing character reference for Tommy, I’m starting to wonder if I maybe over egged it. I would hate to be responsible for the abject disappointment that might result from anyone meeting him for the first time on this trip.
And as for you Lee, and your kind offer of unlimited tea and other diuretic beverages for Andy....I’ll be bringing my caravan.

Top Bottom