Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
View attachment 479655
Oh yeah. This looks really aero!

Aero comes in all shapes and sizes Randy. Cannonballs can be aero right?

Maybe it’s just Lars is Danish aero, and you’re Sitka aero. See if I was cycling around a lake in Denmark, I’d take Lars aero. But if I was getting chased by a bear downhill in Sitka? Give me cannonball Randy aero all day long!

:bicycle:

LBHIFI

Veteran
Aero comes in all shapes and sizes Randy. Cannonballs can be aero right?

Maybe it’s just Lars is Danish aero, and you’re Sitka aero. See if I was cycling around a lake in Denmark, I’d take Lars aero. But if I was getting chased by a bear downhill in Sitka? Give me cannonball Randy aero all day long!

:bicycle:
Yes, and it may seem dull going around that lake again and again, but wouldn't you if this was in your backyard:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqL7Euu3h40&t=5s

Yes, and it may seem dull going around that lake again and again, but wouldn't you if this was in your backyard:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqL7Euu3h40&t=5s

That is like a “visit Denmark” tourism video. A better one was that video of the race we had on BKOOL few years back. The one you were in where some riders had to jump off and push up a little hill going into the woods. What is the name of that? I’d like to ride it again.

LBHIFI

Veteran
That is like a “visit Denmark” tourism video. A better one was that video of the race we had on BKOOL few years back. The one you were in where some riders had to jump off and push up a little hill going into the woods. What is the name of that? I’d like to ride it again.
It's "En Forårsdag i Hell-singør". I think I may enter the 2020 race.
This is the only one I can find on Bkool so I guess it must be the one: https://www.bkool.com/profile/detail/609153?durationType=DISTANCE&lapCount=1

<edit>
Yes that's the one:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jkKssvJ6QY

I'm in the blue jersey on my white Canyon commute bike being overtaken about 2 min. in. I remember the bike feeling sooo heavy. Think I got the Marathon + tires on - not really suited for the asphalt parts.

Last edited:

Marino.g

Veteran
2497E25C-18D1-40BA-BAA2-6DCF73C2F2A3.png
I’m currently working in Denmark but I don’t think I couldn’t get any further away than where you live if I tried.

Marino.g

Veteran
Never been there, but I hear there's good surfing.
Definitely saw a lot of windsurfing today!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Bit of a blow for ToC next year. Our friend who stayed with HID this year, and was going to help out next year, can't do that weekend now as her hubby has been asked to be best man that weekend :sad: Need to find someone else to help, else I may not be there :cry: Looking at carer company options.

Also currently pulled the plug on a new bike for now. I have the cash sitting there, but can't get out to ride so no point buying it. Feckin frustrating :banghead: But I'll get over it :smile: Lots going on with HID so we're focusing on that for now ... but really hoping I can make at least one outside ride with you guys next year :okay:

Say what you want about the goofball running our government but is has made for some dirt cheap airfares. $482 round trip from Seattle to Copenhagen. Maybe all the stupid stuff is worth it. I might have to use a sharpie to modify the map to make the rides look longer.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190908-061704.png
    Screenshot_20190908-061704.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 6
View attachment 479890
I’m currently working in Denmark but I don’t think I couldn’t get any further away than where you live if I tried.
Did you do any riding there? The rough plan for next May is to fly to Copenhagen then up the Swedish coast across southern Norway then ferry back to Denmark and ride around Denmark back to Copenhagen to fly home. My goal is to consume more calories than you did on your Chicago trip last year.
As part of my ride I plan on beating the times of @LBHIFI and @Brusgaard on their regular Strava segments. Won't they be embarrassed. ( I may have to rent a scooter to do it.)

LBHIFI

Veteran
Did you do any riding there? The rough plan for next May is to fly to Copenhagen then up the Swedish coast across southern Norway then ferry back to Denmark and ride around Denmark back to Copenhagen to fly home. My goal is to consume more calories than you did on your Chicago trip last year.
As part of my ride I plan on beating the times of @LBHIFI and @Brusgaard on their regular Strava segments. Won't they be embarrassed. ( I may have to rent a scooter to do it.)
Well, I know just about any cycle routes in the north of Zealand and Copenhagen (lived there for more than 20 years) and will be happy to join you for a few rides.

Top Bottom