Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I've pencilled 19th in my calendar - it works at the minute :okay:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Not sure yet - I guess it partly depends on what the plan is for the day.
Well the only plan I have in mind so far is a circa 70 mile ride taking in the best bits of the local Mendips, coast, Somerset Levels - including a cafe stop at a nice cyclists cafe halfway round.

I was thinking we could do this on the Saturday. If people are around in the evening and staying locally then I'd be up for meeting up for beer/food.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Yeah date looks good for me at present :okay:

Probably cycle down from Bristol early Saturday morning to meet for day ride.
Then hopefully Mrs S. & girls will pick me up in Cheddar ( visit my Aunt ), then drive back with bike on roof of car.

Del C

Veteran
Looking doubtful for me now.

bridgy

Legendary Member
@BILL S , @<Tommy> , @berty bassett , @Joffey , @Ketty - what are your current thoughts on Saturday 19th June?

I have created a route which I'll attach so that anyone coming can download it onto their cycling computer.

It takes in a climb of Cheddar Gorge, descent of Burrington Combe, a little trip to the seaside, some lovely quiet roads on the Somerset Levels, Glastonbury Tor, Wells Cathedral, and a descent of Cheddar Gorge to finish - AND a stop at a really nice cafe that caters mostly for cyclists at around the halfway point. There's a steep climb towards the end of the ride to get back up onto the Mendips ready for the descent of the Gorge, but that also takes in some of the best views around here so is worth it! If anyone doesn't have the legs for that final climb though, it's easily avoided.

There's a pub with a decent sized garden at the bottom of the gorge where we could get refreshments at the end of the ride.

I don't mid at all what pace we ride at - depending on how many of us come along we could potentially split into different paced groups, but equally I'm happy to just ride together at a comfortable pace for all.

Hoping for good weather, and hoping as many of you as possible can make it...feel free to ask me any questions about getting here, accommodation etc and I'll do my best to help.

Here's the ride: https://www.plotaroute.com/map/1563256

BILL S

Guru
@BILL S , @<Tommy> , @berty bassett , @Joffey , @Ketty - what are your current thoughts on Saturday 19th June?

I have created a route which I'll attach so that anyone coming can download it onto their cycling computer.

It takes in a climb of Cheddar Gorge, descent of Burrington Combe, a little trip to the seaside, some lovely quiet roads on the Somerset Levels, Glastonbury Tor, Wells Cathedral, and a descent of Cheddar Gorge to finish - AND a stop at a really nice cafe that caters mostly for cyclists at around the halfway point. There's a steep climb towards the end of the ride to get back up onto the Mendips ready for the descent of the Gorge, but that also takes in some of the best views around here so is worth it! If anyone doesn't have the legs for that final climb though, it's easily avoided.

There's a pub with a decent sized garden at the bottom of the gorge where we could get refreshments at the end of the ride.

I don't mid at all what pace we ride at - depending on how many of us come along we could potentially split into different paced groups, but equally I'm happy to just ride together at a comfortable pace for all.

Hoping for good weather, and hoping as many of you as possible can make it...feel free to ask me any questions about getting here, accommodation etc and I'll do my best to help.

All sounds great to me Paul. Saturday 19th June is good for me and will pencil in my Calendar. Not especially fit so will probably join the slow group and would be happy just to make it round at any pace. I'm doing a 60km on my mtb this Saturday so that should help. Or..... :stop:Not even going there at this point and will try to be optimistic :smile:.

bridgy

Legendary Member
All sounds great to me Paul. Saturday 19th June is good for me and will pencil in my Calendar. Not especially fit so will probably join the slow group and would be happy just to make it round at any pace. I'm doing a 60km on my mtb this Saturday so that should help. Or..... :stop:Not even going there at this point and will try to be optimistic :smile:.
That's great Bill ^_^. I wish I could offer you and others accommodation at mine but I just don't have room at the moment with the teenagers at home and spare room converted to home office due to pandemic working from home requirements! Have you looked into or booked accommodation or are you planning a day trip?

BILL S

Guru
That's great Bill ^_^. I wish I could offer you and others accommodation at mine but I just don't have room at the moment with the teenagers at home and spare room converted to home office due to pandemic working from home requirements! Have you looked into or booked accommodation or are you planning a day trip?
No worries at all Paul. I'll probably just do an early morning drive, than back again at night.

Joffey

Big Dosser

I'm on the verge of getting a moving date and i have a horrible feeling it will be that weekend or the following one so I can't confirm just yet. If the ride goes ahead I might be able to make it dependent on the move 👍

If I do come down I'll try and get a B&B or even kip in the back of my van! ^_^

bridgy

Legendary Member
I'm on the verge of getting a moving date and i have a horrible feeling it will be that weekend or the following one so I can't confirm just yet. If the ride goes ahead I might be able to make it dependent on the move 👍

If I do come down I'll try and get a B&B or even kip in the back of my van! ^_^
OK Joffey - fingers crossed the dates work out 🤞

If they don't, and you still want to come down another weekend obviously let me know and I'll try to keep that date free if I can

Top Bottom